Chapter 13

As the group boarded their flight back home, the boys got lot of attention. While they stayed respectful, Arun decided to make a little reel about the attention Lakshay got and sent it to Nirali before switching off his phone . The fun back home would be amazing he thought to himself before dozing off.

Riya warped her arm around Varun's, resting her head on his shoulder. He pecked the top of her head. ''We could have made a life here. You will have to start from the beginning.'' She smiled tightening her grip around him. ''Aren't we making a start? Moreover, I could have a few more friends other than you.'' She smiled at the trio sitting behind and Varun forcefully pulled her chin towards him. ''I am enough...for you.'' She just smile with a shake of her head and then she frowned. Since they boarded, an air hostess kept making eyes at Varun. Riya had noticed the way girl had been brushing against her man. ''WOuld you  mind taking the window seat.'' She asked a little miffed. Varun just obliged. He could hear his friends chuckle behind him.

As the hostess approached again, she ignored Riya and went for Varun. But before she could open her mouth Riya warned. ''If you don't stop flirting and rubbing against my man, you will be sorry.'' 

Riya must have looked scary as the girl backed out. The trio behind cheered for her as other guests glared. ''No wonder you are best friends with Nirali.'' Naman said tongue in cheek. They all knew Nirali cloud be worst if it was about Lakshay. Riya just smiled. 

***

''You sure you wanted this to be a personal surprise?'' Amisha asked. Nirali had decided she would only disclose her pregnancy to Lakshay but looking at Nirali's excitement at the arrivals, Amisha thought otherwise. 

She jumped when Nirali let out a squeal running towards the group. She gave her husband a brief hug and then gave a long one to Riya. She then looked at all of them and dropped the bomb. ''I am pregnant.'' Lakshay froze while his friends cheered pulling Nirali in a group hug. Amisha face palmed, so much for the surprise. Their security requested them to move as their little celebration has attracted lot of attention. Naman moved his eyes to Amisha who stood at the distance smiling at her jumping friend. She looked at him and they shared a smile. 

***

As they drove back, Amisha had decided she wouldn't let the group know about Varun's father till the show but post that, she would so that they all can fight him. Once home Amisha watched as they all celebrated the good news. She wondered how long would all this stay, calm is followed by chaos and she dreaded the chaos, in the lives of all of them but above all, in her life. When she left all behind, she also made promise. Amisha never thought that she would be willing to give all up for someone else. 

Varun had been watching a lot of emotions crossing Amisha's face. He excused himself and walked to her. ''Your smile is hiding too much  today.'' Amisha's eyes watered but she covered her emotions. ''You are thinking a lot.'' She replied smiling wide

''You didn't leave me when I was at my lowest. I will never forget that somewhere you are responsible for bringing Riya back to me.'' Amisha still stayed quite . Varun held her by shoulders, ''I am here.''

She smiled. ''I know.'' Their discussion was cut short with Nirali picking a fight with Lakshay . ''Her hormones are going wild.'' Varun whispered

''No, she just wants to be pampered.'' They kept enjoying the show and Amisha decided to calm her friend. But her feet halted at Varun's words. ''Amisha, we will fight whatever it is.'' She smiled wide and gave him a brief hug.

***

Varun bought his own place in the same building as Lakshay. While Riya went busy decorating their place , Varun was still worried about her reluctance to tie the knot. He watched as she discussed the interiors of their new home with a professional. Once they were alone, he pulled her closer by waist burying his face in her nape of her neck. Riya moved her fingers through his hair. ''What's troubling you Varun?''