Chapter 17

After the fateful night, Varun remained anxious and worried about Riya. He wouldn't let her out of his sight. If she failed to respond to his calls, he would just get agitated and would run around to find her. Riya had comforted him a time to time but nothing seemed to work on him whent it came to her , so she took the ultimate step and proposed him.

Riya had expressed her desire to go back to the school they met and Varun obliged. They took first available flight and landed in the lap of Nature surrounded with beauty. Riya smiled wide, she always loved this hill station. Varun had already worked out on the permission, and on  a weekly off , they decided to visit the school where their story started. Varun watched as Riya walked around caressing the walls of the 100 year old school building. The red walls had many stories and theirs was one of them. 

''Shall we go to the library?'' He nodded. Riya walked around smiling like a child and then dragged him to the corner where they first kissed. She extended her hand he placed his on to hers. Riya gave a jerk, pulling him closer. ''Riya! Someone will see.''

''Its a blind spot.'' She repeated his words from the past. Riya wrapped her arms around his neck, leaning further she parted her lips placing them over his warms ones. Varun closed his eyes pulling her closer. The kiss was slow, consuming and emotional. Riya broke the kiss, cupped his face and placed a deep peck on his forehead. ''I love you Varun.''

He smiled wide, it was a dejavu. Only the roles had reversed. 

They roamed around, spent sometime in their classrooms reliving the dreams. ''Varun, I am taking you somewhere, and this is for my healing.'' She knew he would readily do anything for her as he felt guilty  for putting her through the mess. Varun followed and they entered the empty dean office.

''Varun, you betrayed me here.'' She reminded. Her pain, insult and torture she went through

Varun looked around. His eyes moving across the chairs where their fathers and Dean sat that day.  The accusing eyes and words that were thrown a Riya. He shut his eyes tight and when he opened them, he saw them there, suddenly being taken to past and events playing in front of him. ''It was me who was in picture with Riya. I love Riya, and I will always be on her side. She has not done anything wrong. She is innocent. We never crossed any line. ''

Riya's intention was to wash the guilt of Varun but his words healed her. She never cared of what world said, but she cared of his words. Closing the distance between them, she hugged him tight. Varun suddenly felt light, the guilt of past slowly leaving his heart as all the people vanishing in thin air. He lifted her up, making her squeak. 

''Shall we go to he restaurant where you took your first job.'' he nodded. They drove to the place and found the owners who were overjoyed to find the school boy who helped their small business then.

Varun took his old seat and the mike. When he stared, the crowd started pouring in knowing of the the star performing there. Varun sang for straight two hours , he thanked everyone and then extended a gift  to the old couple as a small financial aid.  Varun left his card and asked them to reach out if they need help. The couple then decided to go to their favourite hill top and Varun went down on his knees.

''Riya, since the day I met you, I have felt my life worth of love. You made me realized I deserved love, colours and happiness in my life. With you, I am Varun and without you, I am just a body without soul. Will you marry me?''

Riya nodded vigorously. ''But I want a grand one. That's what I had dreamt as teenager about our wedding.''

He nodded. Varun watched her, few days back his mother had expressed her desire to plan his wedding but he had refused not wanting any favour . Plus,he wanted things simple, but Riya made sure that all remaining walls between him and his mother were crumbled to dust. He knew he won't be able to refuse and she found a way.