Chapter 11

''Their parents will know, whole world will know. They are powerful people'' Nirali said to the group in a worry laden voice.

''How does it matter? They never checked on them for years, why should it matter now?'' Amisha asked

''It didn't matter that some idiot leaked a picture, Riya's father still should have stood by his daughter. He didn't, it mattered then. He married her off as if she was some kind bane on then. They are aware that Riya is divorced, but they kept the charade of her marriage with Shaan among their peers.'' Nirali took a deep breath, ''Now Varun, his father is known to be a wolf. Things he can't get, he destroys. Be it business or people. Varun's mother, his siblings and all he called family left him alone. He was ready to destroy the reputation of a young girl, the moment that man knows of this union, his ego will take a hit.'' Nirali's words bought silence. 

''Then we face them , together.'' Naman said. There was no way he would allow anyone to take away the happiness his friend got after years.

''Yes, we face  them. hell with their power.'' Lakshay added. The others agreed. He turned to other the two, ''Riya and Varun will stay with us. '' Arun and Naman nodded, taking the leave. Amisha gave a hug to Nirali, ''l'll see you later.'' Nirali nodded and instructed Amisha to call once she reaches home.

The couples shared a hug, happy yet worried about their friends, but they were hopeful that things would take a beautiful turn for them.

***

Riya stood at the window watching the full moon shining brightly at her. Her slips stretched into a smile that came from heart. Varun watched the only woman he had loved since he understood the word. He stood at the other side of the window. ''You look beautiful with a smile.'' Varun complimented . Riya met his eyes and silence stretched between them. 

''How many did you compliment when I was gone?'' She asked.

''The Riya in my dreams. It has always been you, it will always be you.'' He said with a serious face. Riya straightened , she covered he distance and stood her eyes locked with his. Riya caressed his face, her fingers moving across the lines of his face. She seemed to be recalling his features from the time they were together. ''You are here, with me.'' She whispered, her voice wobbly with emotions. Varun covered her hand on face with his palm, kissing her palm deep. ''We are here, and this time forever.'' Riya threw her arms around his middle trying to erase any distance between them. Her hands moved frantically all over him as he held her close to her chest. Riya went on her toes placing numerous kisses all over his face, neck and chest, hugging him close again. Riya would dug her fingers deep into his back to make sure he wouldn't disappear. 

Varun buried his face deep in her neck, he was home. He finally was where he belonged, he felt light and his heart felt calm. As they broke the hug, they caressed each other again and again trying to remember all they knew about one another. Varun held her face between both his palms watching her as if she was the last wish before a death sentence. He leaned his forehead against hers as they took deep breaths, he caressed her head. ''I cut my hair, I will grow them back.''

Varun chuckled, ''It doesn't matter, nothing matters more than you. Your hair, dress all should be your wish..so should be me.'' A hiccup left her throat, ''I missed you.'' She whispered. Varun pecked her forehead, ''I missed you...with every breath. I love you with my soul.'' 

Riya took a step back, holding his hands out, she pushed his sleeve up exposing the scars on his arms. ''Its nothing.'' Varun quickly stepped back pulling the sleeve down. Riya noticed the slight tremble in his voice, he wasn't meeting her eyes. He was hiding, this wasn't the Varun she had fallen for, he was confident, bold and full of life. Riya shut her eyes tight, this wasn't the right time to dig deep, she was going to open all that he had deep in his heart. She covered the distance he created in his fear. Grabbing him collar, she pulled him closer, ''You walked away once, you will not leave me again.''