Chapter 21

They flew and flew, using their as-good-as-eagle's eyesight to look for an empty ground. As soon as they found one, they landed, and Hayley transformed back. They joined hands, and channelled their energy into making a portal to planet Chaos.

A swirling vortex came into view and they stepped into it. Used to the unsteady feeling of stepping out of a portal, they were ready and walked straight out of the portal without any trouble.

But a feeling Percy had never felt before hit him. And he didn't like that feeling.

*****

They went straight to Chaos' room, but were shocked at the sight that greeted them. Chaos' room was a mess--that alone was a bad sign. He was always very meticulous and orderly, contradicting his own name.

The two of them walked around the room, unable to figure out what had happened.

A whimper came from a corner of the room. They walked slowly and quietly, as if threading on thin rope. Chaos was in that corner, trembling and muttering incoherent words. He was tucked in a fetal position, galaxy-like eyes bloodshot and glazed with tears. Percy had never seen his father in a state like this before. And it scared him.

Suddenly, Chaos let out a loud groan and clutched his head. And then, with speed faster than lightning, he lunged forward and clamped his strong arms on Percy's neck. His galaxy-like eyes filled with gold that was not unlike the shade of ichor. He dug his strong-as-metal finger nails into Percy's neck. Percy was filled with momentary shock and fear. But after the ordeal with Order, his instincts took over and blinded him.

He whipped out a sharp thin knife that was made of Void metal from his back pocket and stabbed Chaos in the stomach.

Chaos hissed in pain and collapsed to the ground in pain. His eyes closed.

Percy reeled back and leaned against the wall. Tears were building up in his eyes. Chaos' nails were made of Void metal too. (A/N that sounds cool. Hehe. Ahem. Sorry.)
Percy's neck was red and it hurt. Void metal could hurt anything and anyone, and so his neck was burning with pain.

Hayley stepped forward and kneeled beside Chaos. Suddenly, his eyes opened, but this time, they were back to the kind, loving galaxy-like eyes. He rasped,"You know who she is to you. Do it, please. I beg you. Percy cannot do it alone." Then he fell back to the floor, his eyes closed. His breathing shallowed, to the point where it seemed non-existent. But immortals couldn't die, she knew that.

Hayley swallowed. Then she turned to look at Percy, only to find that he was looking at her, searching for answers. Answers that she wouldn't give. Not until she absolutely had to. Even if it weighed on her conscience. Realizing that she would not say anything regarding what Chaos had said to her earlier on, he asked,"How is he?"

She answered, voice shaking. "We will need to take him to the room to hide him and we will see what I can do." Seeing that Percy was injured, she had no choice but to pick Chaos up from the ground--with much difficulty, though. Percy followed her.

***

They went to her room, where there was a lift that could bring them to a room which nobody else knew of except both of them. This room had the right facilities, and it was quiet and peaceful. It had a roof that you could see from the inside but not from the outside. Usually in this planet, the stars shone brightly, and the scenery at night was gorgeous.

This room was used when Percy and Hayley wanted to spend some time with each other without the interruption of others.

Hayley pictured a huge comfortable bed and it appeared right in front of them. Chaos' wound was oozing out ichor, and he was losing ichor at a rate too fast. Hayley thought of all her medical things and they appeared quicker than lightning.

She placed her arm over Chaos' wound and chanted a spell that stopped the ichor from continuing to flow. She dabbed on the wound lightly using a towel which had an amazing ability to absorb liquids of any kind. Then, she stitched up the wound. But Chaos had lost too much ichor. Even with her amazing abilities, he was barely there.

Then she realized something. The ichor he lost was tainted with green. A light green that couldn't be detected if she wasn't careful. She used a tube to contain the ichor and used another spell to help reveal the poison's real colour.

The poison was a dark leaf green. Which meant that it was a type of poison that could kill the person slowly. Slowly, but surely.

Order sure thought of things well.
---------------

A/N sorry for taking such a long time to update. :( i just have a really important exam coming up. But after that, it's either I update a lot, or I procrastinate a lot.

So... Hayley isn't so shady anymore. Personally, I felt that this chapter wasn't too bad. But, What do you guys think about this chapter? What about Hayley now?
Be sure to comment on any mistake you spot and I will change it ASAP.

And btw, this story hit 26k++ like OMG!!!! Holy cows. Thanks guys! New cover is up too! Loads of love. Muacks.

(Unedited)