Chapter 17

Everyone, be it monster, titan, god, huntress, or camper, stood stock still at Thalia's tree. Percy Jackson had come back. The only thoughts on their minds.

Then Kronos broke the silence,"You are not Perseus. He is dead." He was in utter denial. The one that had defeated him had came back. Better than ever. With better powers, better skills. And a better chance to take him down. "Suit yourself," answered Percy. A false lighthearted and cocky tone that he had put onto his voice. It was a disguise. One that he had mastered after years.

And obviously, it had worked. Everybody believed it, of course, except Hayley and Luke. They knew it was fake. A mask he used to make them believe it was the Percy Jackson. Not Télos, a broken, stone-hearted soldier that didn't talk, didn't show emotion.

Kronos', or John's, face held outrage, disbelieve, shock and frustration. And then he shouted,"Attack!"

But no monster moved. Some stirred, but regardless, they all hung back. "Argh! You... You...cowards. Just a mere Percy Jackson and you all are afraid? Unbelievable. Just let me do it myself!" But everybody could tell it was false. Every single body could tell that his voice was laced with fear.

He raised his scythe, that had appeared out of nowhere, and charged to Percy. Percy didn't move. When Kronos swung his scythe, he ducked. Soon, Kronos started to get tired. The entire scene would have been boring if the titan hadn't been making so much noise. And if it wasn't Titan versus Percy. Finally, when the Titan's moves started to get slower and started to lag, Percy unsheathed his sword. Yes, unsheathed. He slashed. At Kronos' foot. To make him unable to move. The said Titan got hit. He howled in pain. An unearthly howl. It made people shiver in fear. But not Percy, for he had howled like that once.

With each stab, Kronos blocked. Kronos was starting to get worn out. His knees were close to buckling, making him ever so vulnerable. At this moment in time, Kronos was exposed to a feeling. A feeling he did not like. A feeling he had not felt before.

Fear.

His arms were aching. Maybe form in a demigod's body with ever so little time to orientate himself was not a good idea. Soon, even his scythe was too heavy for him, for each strike Percy made was accurate. Far too accurate for Kronos' liking. Each strike was aimed at his vital...points.

Cling.

Kronos' scythe dropped to the floor. He was defenseless. Percy opened his strong, huge black wings and hit Kronos with them. Repeatedly. Each strike fueled with anger. Kronos wailed in pain and was sent back to where he came from. John was dead. The same way Luke had died. Then, the monsters fled. One was sent to Tartarus being stepped on.

3.

2.

1.

And the floodgates were open.

(I was gonna end it here, but I'm nice, so here you go. :) )

Poseidon's P.O.V

My son.

The hero of Olympus.

The one we betrayed.

Came back to save us. Yet again. After what we had done to him. If only I had seen the truth. If only I had seen the silent pleas he sent through his eyes the day we banished him. If only...

He turned around, only to be met with silence. All of us, the gods, the campers, the huntresses, were looking at him in awe. Some regret. His eyes were laced with fatigue. And for the first time I have seen, tiredness. Not the kind that you can sleep off, but it was the kind where you wanted to give up. Give up on fighting and sleep forever.

And then, everybody rushed to him. Voices were raised. Hands were raised. I rushed to him. I was eager to make it up to him. But what I didn't expect was that he moved away from me when I wanted to hug him. I tried again, but was blocked by a soldier. By the body shape, I could tell it was a girl. Luke said to me,"You have absolutely no right to touch him. Haven't you hurt him enough? All of you?" We had. We knew the consequences. And now we had to face it.

Percy put on his cloak and walked swiftly to the cabin they had made, his cloak bellowing behind him.

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!!!