Prologue

After losing my Twitter account, I'm depressed and I need to distract myself with something rather than focusing on the loss. So, I'm getting back to writing again. And don't worry about my exam (the people who already know). Gaps between every exam is so long that I can go on a world tour and still able to come back home a day before every exam.

Anyways....

This story is Elena centered story. She's going to be narrating most of the time.

Dear diary, it's me again. Elena. Right! you already know me who I'm. The person who annoys you with every annoying thing that happens to me everyday. But I haven't been writing to you since ages.

Anyways, I have left Mystic Falls. My aunt kicked me out because I needed to be productive, according to her. I have completed my graduation less than a month and I've already got offered from many companies. Basically, my aunt sent my CV's and my GPA is really good so I understand why they want to hire me or take my interviews. But honestly, I don't think I need to work... like ever.

My parents has left me enough. I can easily spend their money till the day I die and I'm pretty sure after my death, there would be still millions left. But my annoying aunt can't let me have it. For some odd reason, I need to be independent. I can have my money, I mean my parents's but I need to earn for myself. But what am I going to do with all these money??!!! Right now, I'm homeless.

I have told my friend Caroline to find me an apartment. My aunt has given me money but not enough. I first need an apartment to stay and have to go for the interviews. New York is a busy city that I know but never know that much busy. Caroline has searched everywhere to get me a decent apartment but they're either costly or very unfitting to live in.

So, she suggested me to share. Like living with someone. A roommate. She said she has a friend. Guy friend and he needs a roommate too. I hesitated because first of all he's a guy and secondly I don't think so I could ever be able to share an apartment with someone I know nothing about. I never even let my brother stay in my room for a minute.

But I didn't have any choice left. And I can't tell my boyfriend that I'm going to move in with someone who's a guy. I just sighed. Caroline sent me the address and said she'd check up on me soon. She has work to do. I didn't bother her more because she had already done enough. She's not even that close to me but she's a very nice person.

Elena's present POV:

I struggle with my suitcase because the holder gets stuck in between my fingers for no reason. The building is nice. The area is nice too. I sigh. Thank God! At least something good is happening to me.

I press the elevator button but it's not working. Suddenly I hear someone a clearing their throat so I turn back. "Excuse me, mam. The lift is on working progress. Two days ago, the sudden earthquake caused the damage. So, it needs maintenance. If you don't mind, you can take the stairs or wait until evening" he says.

I squint my eyes. "I just move in here and I can't stay here until evening" I tell him. He looks sorry. "Maybe I'll help you to reach to your floor" he offers with a smile. He looks nice but a middle aged man, around my late father's age. My apartment is on 10th floor and I don't want to bother someone who's literally at my late father's age.

"No, that's okay. I'll manage" I say forcing a smile. I sigh in distress. On 10th floor. 10 fucking floors with 100 of stairs.

I am already covered in sweat as I reach to my destination. My flat number is B-9. I check the address again to make sure it's my apartment. I don't want to embarrass myself by barging into someone else's apartment.

As I press the bell, I wipe the leftover sweats off my forehead. I wait for few seconds which seems like forever. I press the bell again when I hear nothing coming inside of the apartment.

I press the bell again. What the fuck!! Why's this guy taking so long to open the damn door. I'm already frustrated.

I unzip my bag to pick out my phone to call him. I just saved his number as "My Roommate". Caroline told me his name but I forgot. I wasn't paying attention.

As I'm about to dial, I hear the door unlocked. I look up and see it's opening.

Then I look and then I have to shut my eyes.

What the fuck!!

Before shutting my eyes, I got a glimpse of him, standing in nothing but his boxers. I clearly saw a visible bulge and it seemed big. I mean his.... Okay!! and he was holding a half bitten apple.

I haven't even seen his face and honestly I don't want to see his face either like ever.

So, what do you think?

Thanks for reading please vote and review.