Save me from embarrassment

Chapter 9: Save me from embarrassment

I look myself in the mirror as I try to tie the strings of my dress on my back. I'm wearing a red dress for this evening function, hosting by our company. And the dress is making me already uncomfortable because of the strings behind my back. It is needed to be tied in otherwise there's a possible chance of this dress to fall off my body.

I struggle but it's too far to tie 'em into. Suddenly I hear a knock on the door. I texted Caroline over 10 times to come in my room to help me get ready. I guess it's her. "Come in" I yell as I try to tie them again.

"Oh! You're getting ready" I hear his voice and I immediately jump out, let go off the strings I was holding and pressing the dress against my chest.

He hesitates. So am I.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him trying to cover myself up who's practically standing half naked.

He looks down. "You're the one who let me in. I just came here to tell you that Caroline had some urgency and her phone is dead so she left" he tells me, looking down.

I groan. I need her. I tug my hair behind my ear. There's an awkward silence going on between us.

"I think, I should go" he puckers his lips and nods. I nod as well. Even though I don't want him to go. I don't know anyone here and Caroline has left.

It's visible on my face that I don't want him to go which he reads. He turns back and then turns back at me. "Do you.... Uh, need any help?" He asks me.

I do. I do. Please! With this stupid dress.

I cough.

"Ummm" I pucker my lips. "Actually would you" I say turning my back at him and look over my shoulder. The strings are dangling.

"Mind?" I say biting down my lips. He looks at my back. I clearly can see his warm breathing going in and out into his nostrils. He looks stunned.

It's awkward. For him. For me.

I close my eyes and silently praying for him to help me right now. "Sure" he tells but he sounds like something gets stuck in his throat.

He slowly approaches to me. I can feel his hands are shaking which is weird because he is not a shy type man and an expert playboy. Come on! I've seen his deed with Viola. He sucks her up to bottom without caring whoever's around him.

I wince when I feel how cold his hands are against my skin. It's like he has no blood in his system.

"Sorry" he whispers. I say nothing but can see his expression through the mirror. He looks so pale like you know when a teenage boy in love, touching his girl's hand for the first time. He's giving me that kinda vibe.

After spending a lot of time struggling, I can feel he's tying them up. He's pulling the strings tighter which causes me to lean back into him more.

I hold my breath, bite my lip, letting him finish his hand work.

"All done" he says with a cough. I nod. And that's when he makes eye contact with me through the mirror.

We keep looking at each other through the mirror. I can feel his fingertips now running from the strings to my shoulder, around my neck. What is he doing? I ask myself.

He gently pushes my hair off my back in another side, exposing my collarbone.

I feel his hot breath against it. I want to close my eyes but I want to see what he does next.

He gets closer to my ear as I keep looking at us in the mirror. There's something so euphoric to see each other in the mirror with a situation like this.

"You look very beautiful" he whispers as he looks at me through the mirror. My mouth gets open slightly as he tells me.

Goosebump is rushing through my body. I see him leaning against my neck now leaving a soft moist kiss in there. He don't actually kiss it. He just let his lips rest in there. I want to moan. Because it feels like he is touching every nerve in my body. I feel so unprotected and so given up.

He then turns his back and gets out of the room leaving me stunned, turned on, hungry for him.

XXXXXXXXX

It's a beautiful evening. It's not a big crowd but not a silence crowd either. I'm talking with some serious company owners who are interested to invest in our company. I'm trying to make connections with them to secure our company's future. Though it's a boring thing to do. Talking with old people who thinks they're the best when it comes to run a company and young intelligence can't do shit.

Anyways, Stefan and I are maintaining our distance after our little steamy moment in the room. We do make eye contact but we don't approch to each other.

Ever journalist is taking Viola's interview as she's the face of the company. I hold a glass champagne and watching the show. Only if these people knew how much of a fake person she's!

I laugh when she tells something that's untrue which she notices by the way. I immediately look away and see Stefan talking with some woman who is around my Aunt Jenna's age. Like she's 15 years older than me.

I see the woman circling on Stefan's wrist and they both laugh. She probably is a owner of a company or maybe holds a bigger position in a company otherwise Stefan wouldn't show this much interest on some middle aged woman. I clutch my hand around the glass when I see the woman getting closer to Stefan's lips. And then her lips against his cheek now. She left a kiss on his cheek which he gladly accepts. Fuck! I curse.

"Jealous much?" Causing me to look back and see Viola smirking at me, holding a glass of wine.

I scoff and ignore her. "Looks like Stefan's going to be busy with an Auntie tonight" she tells me.

I frown. "Go find some rich man to give yourself over so that he can sign you for their next project" I tell her smugly, forcing a smile on my face. I notice her nose is frowning in anger.

Author's POV

As Elena calls Viola out and turns to leave, Viola notices her strings of the dress. She gently pulls them off Elena's back.

Elena takes few steps away and then stops only to feel her dress loosening. She puts her hand in the back and feels the strings are about to leave to open up and let it fall off her body. Elena panics. Stefan looks over that woman's shoulder seeing Elena standing in the middle, frozen.

He excuses himself as he walks past the lady towards Elena. Viola smirks.

"Elena?" Stefan calls calmly. "Stefan" Elena sounds scared as she calls his name.

"The dress" she says and it's the moment when her strings finally open up. Stefan sees the dress is leaving her front. He runs and hugs her immediately. The dress falls off her chest and stops around Elena's waist as Stefan's trying to tie them again. Elena hears gathering, photo snaps sound. It's the press. She worries more.

"Will you all please stop this?" Stefan yells as he completely takes Elena into his body, hiding her from everyone, holding her dress.

Elena clutches against Stefan's arm. Stefan loses his grip from Elena and takes his coat from his shoulder and places it on Elena's back to cover her up. Elena buries her face into the crook of of Stefan's neck.

Both Stefan and Elena turns their back. Stefan keeps holding Elena, saving her from embarrassment as they leave the party.

Uh oh :(

Thanks for reading please vote and review.