Be a man

Chapter 13: Be a man

I miss my jobless hood. All I was doing at home... Spending money, hanging out with Bonnie and Bekah, kissing Matt (Gross).

I lazily get out of my office to get some coffee. We have a bar station. It's self service which is the best decision that my company has ever taken.

I get into the place to prepare myself a cup of coffee. Suddenly a tap on the table takes my attention. I turn back as I see a man sitting on the station turning his back at me as he says "Coffee with no sugar" he orders. I frown and clear my throat.

"It's self service" I say pointing my index finger at the board. He turns back and look at me. I'm having a sweet annoying face at him. He chuckles and he puts his hand down on the table with a slap. He looks familiar though. I've seen him somewhere but I cannot remember.

"I'm so sorry Miss.." he pouts and stops. "Gilbert" I tell him. He smirks. I remember that too. "I'm new at this place. I hope you didn't mind though" he says flirtatiously. I tilt my head and smile. There's nothing wrong to flirt with this gorgeous man specially after witnessing Katherine coming for Stefan... I am just going to pretend they're not banging each other probably right now. I want to forget what Katherine said to me.

"It's okay. I'm making myself one. I can make for you too" I tell him. He smiles as he licks his lips. I pour ourselves coffee. "You work here?" He asks me. I nod. "Yeah, CFO" I inform him. He glares at me. I wrinkle my eyebrows "Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask him handing him coffee.

He squints his eyes. Looks not convinced. "You don't believe me? I really am the CFO of this company" I tell him as I sound really forced. He chuckles then sips. "Mmmm" he moans as he swallows. No seriously! What's up with this man??

"Delicious, you should open your coffee shop" he says. I laugh. "I'd be your daily customer" he adds. I roll my eyes as I smile. "Thanks for the compliment" I take a sip of my coffee.

He keeps looking at me as he sips, I do the same. Our eyes colliding which is making me uncomfortable. He looks really familiar. Focus, Elena. Remember! You've seen this man before.

As I'm going to open my mouth to ask him his phone rings. He picks and checks it. "I..." he licks his lips. "Have to go. Thank you for the coffee" he gets up in hurry but smiles as he grabs my hand which is endearing and kisses on the back of my hand. He takes me by surprise but I accept it. "Lovely meeting you, Gilbert" he flashes a smile at me and smirks one last time. I watch him walk way.

I keep smiling like a lovesick girl. I feel like I'm lost in somewhere. The smirk, the gaze, I remember. I've seen those before and above all... The fuck! How could I miss out his damn blue eyes. And the smirk. God! It was annoying. Then it hits my brain.

It's Stefan Salvatore's brother. Damon Salvatore.

XXXXXXX

"Gross" I mutter as I wash my hand where he left the kiss. Eww! I feel disgusting. I literally flirted with the man whose brother's tongue was down my throat this morning. How could you be this much dumb, Elena. I cuss myself as I look myself in the mirror.

He's in the town. That means.. he's going to be staying here for a while. I hope it's short staying but who knows. Do I really have to deal not only one but two Salvawhores?

XXXXXXXXXXX

"Knock knock" he says. Stefan turns back and looks at him and turns away. He pouts. "Really? Stefan! It's been 3 years. Get over it" he tells Stefan. Stefan pretends to check out the files he's holding. "3 years of fucking my girlfriend in my farm house?" He asks Damon turning back to look at him. And then looks back and forth, shakes his head. "Nahhh!" He purs "I don't think so I can ever get over it" he smirks at Damon and goes back to the files.

Damon chuckles. "Fine" he throws his hands in the air. "But you've called me for some reason, don't you?" He asks. Stefan licks his lips and laughs.

"Yeah, I'm the reason he called you here" Damon didn't notice when he entered in Stefan's room that Katherine is sitting on the couch which is out of the way of the door.

Stefan smiles, clears his throat. "I'm going to leave you two here" he says as he checks himself out.

XXXXXXXXXXX

"Elena, Elena" he calls me but I'm too tired to look at him. "Please wait" he begs but I don't stop, keep walking.

"Please" he grabs my arm and comes infront of me. I don't look at him right away. "I'm sorry about this morning. when Katherine came.." he pauses. I look at him with my boring eyes. I'm not interested to hear his sorry apologies.

"I'm sorry the way she was mean to you" he tells me. I chuckle. "Your sorries don't matter to me because you're not the one who was mean to me. It's Katherine. She should be the one to apologize to me" I tell him. He says nothing.

I wiggle my eyebrows. "She's not going to apologize so save it" I tell him as I try to walk past away from him. He stops. "I know. But I'm really sorry." He says.

I roll my eyes. "Fine. I forgive you. Now, can I go?" I ask him, purring. He keeps staring at me. Damn! That romance novel stares.

I feel him leaning towards me. "Seriously?" I ask him backing away. He attempts to kiss me. I would have let him because kissing him feels really good. But only if he was loyal, hadn't a girlfriend and a side chick in his pockets.

He licks his lips. "Why not!" He sounds desperate.

"The day you can be a one man woman, it'll happen." I look at him sternly as I say. He slowly takes his hands off of me. I look at his hands movement.

I bob my head. "Got it, got it. You can never be one" I spit it out on his face, leaning against his lips closely. I walk away.

More updates to come. Thanks for reading please vote and review.