Fix Him

Chapter 17: Fix Him

"Stefan, hang in there" I shout out as I keep banging on the door softly to make sure Stefan's responding.

"Miss?" A male subject draws my attention. "What happened?" He asks me as he runs toward me.

"Stefan's stuck in the elevator. Help me get it open" I tell him worriedly.

He tries with the button to open it but he can't. "We need to call the technician" he tells me. I am so tensed right now.

"Stefan!! Stefan" I shout.

"I can.... Can't breathe. Help me" he screams from inside.

I lean against the door. "I know. I know. Please Stefan. Calm down. Just breath in and breath out, okay?" I tell him screaming.

"Get me out, get me out" he keeps squirming on the floor which I can hear. He slides his hands roughly on the door as well.

"Oh God! He's panicking" I tell the man.

"We need to call the fire service, right now" I tell him.

He nods as he picks out his phone, due to lack of network he is going outside to call for help.

"Elena..." I'm pretty sure he's crying. Crying out of scared.

I bend my knees and sit on the ground, place my hand against the elevator where I know he is keeping his hand too. Only the door is keeping us in distance, not letting our hands meet.

"I'm right here, just hold on. Okay? Help will come soon" I tell him. Tears coming out of my tears.

"I'm sorry for being such an asshole to you" he barely speaks out. But I can hear him as my ear is glued to the door.

"I couldn't... Coul..." He's breathing softly.

"I can't see you with another man. I hate to see you with other man." he tells me.

I rest my forehead against the door, listening to him. I close my eyes as I nod.

"I'm so, sor.." his voice fades.

I wrinkle my forehead. "Stefan?" I call him.

He's not responding. "Stefan! Stefan?" I bang on the door and I get no response from him.

"No, no, no. Stefan, stay with me. Stay with me. You're going to be okay. Please" I beg him as I started crying loudly.

The man rushes to me. "Ma'am, what's going on!! They're on the way" he tells me.

I look at him pleadingly. "We don't have time. He has lost his sense. We've to open the door." I tell him. Dig my fingers into the door to open it.

Obviously I'm not strong enough to open it by my own. He helps me as we keep pulling it to the sides.

After a lot struggles, we finally get it open a very little.

I can see Stefan. He's lying on the floor unconscious. Sweats are dripping off of him.

"Oh God!" I say. "More" I tell the man as we use every ounce of strength, we've to make it open wider.

Finally, it's open enough for me to get in. I don't hesitate to get in there. "Ma'am, no" the man says but I don't stop.

I jump into it which makes the elevator moves and goes down little.

"Woohh" I wince. I try to make it steady.

"Be safe in there" he screams from the top. As I make a balance, I drop on my knees and crawl to Stefan.

I hold his face. He looks so innocent like a child who has fallen asleep.

"Stefan, Stefan" I try to wake him up. I look up "Give me a bottle of water" I yell. The man nods and bring me one.

I sprinkle water on his face. He squints his closed eyes. I sigh in relief when he started responding.

"Hey, Stefan. Hey! It's Elena" I tell him stroking his face.

He peeks an eye at me. I smile softly. "You came?" He asks me closing his eyes.

I laugh softly. "I came" I tell him. He smiles as he falls unconscious again. I check his pulse and it's too low.

"We need to get him outta here" I yell.

"They're coming" the man yells.

I wet my scarf and wiping his sweats from Stefan's neck, chest, forehead to keep him dry and minimum normal.

The fire department comes and with a lot of struggle they pull Stefan out of there.

But when I'm about to get out, the elevator starts moving.

"Wohhhh! Wooh!" I scream as I steady my balance.

"Mam, hold on!" One of the man screams.

"Do something" I yell.

"We can't get you out. If we do, the elevator will lose control. It can do a lot damage"

My mouth gaps open. "So then what?!! Am I supposed to stay here now?" I ask in confused.

"Just don't panic, ma'am. We'll get you out" he tells me.

Sure! Obviously. Elena, always the savior and then puts the risk in the head. Wow!

XXXXXXXXXX

I'm at the hospital, pacing outside of Stefan's room. I'm not allowed to go is because I'm not his family member. I call his brother but he isn't picking it up.

"It's, Elena. Right?" Someone calls me from behind. I turn back. "Hi, I'm hazel." She gives me her hand forward, I shake her hand, looking confuse. "I remember you, the girl from the video. Where Stefan saved you" she tells me. I close my eyes. Ugh! Please don't remind me of that day.

"You here for Stefan?" She asks me. "Yeah, I'm. He had a little accident. I'm just waiting for his family members to come. And you're?" I ask her tilting my head.

"Oh, you don't wanna know me" she smiles widely. "One of Stefan's" she says shyly, grinning.

I keep nodding my head, smiling at her. Of course, Mr. Salvatore has withdrawal flags everywhere. Now they all are coming back to him.

"But you can see him if you want" she informs me.

I raise my eyebrows. "Oh! don't worry. Anyone can visit any patient. We don't have that policy that only family members are allowed" she informs me.

"Oh! Okay. Ummm" I bite my lip. "Thank you" I tell her smiling. She excuses herself.

I inhale deeply, mentally preparing myself to face Stefan. His words are keep buzzing in my head when he almost confessed how he really feels about me. Maybe I can fix him. Damn! I can fix him. I'm my father's daughter after all.

Elena Gilbert pulled out a little Olivia Rodrigo.

Thanks for reading please vote and review so that I know my story isn't sucking you up in a bad way.