Something's Bizarre

Chapter 18: Something's Bizarre

I slowly open up the door, making zero noise as I step in. I find him sleeping. He's sleeping so peacefully as if he wasn't holding onto his dear life few hours ago.

"If you're done watching me sleep, you can come in, Gilbert" he says with his eyes closed dramatically. I roll my eyes as I step into and stand at the edge of bed.

"How are you feeling?" I ask him, locking my fingers together. He gently opens his eyes.

"I'm feeling better" he says lousy.

I shake my head and smile. I bite my lip don't know what to tell him. He confessed what he felt for me and I don't even know if he remembered it or he don't want to talk about it. The awkwardness is killing me.

It's obvious that it's written in my face. My silence doesn't go unnoticed by him and he coincidentally knows what am I really thinking about. "Yeah, well. Don't take it seriously" he mumbles. I squint my eyes "What?" I ask in confuse.

"About what I said to you earlier in the elevator. I thought I was going to die so I babbled. I didn't mean anything" he smirks, sounds wack.

After hearing that, I just want to take off the things he's attached to in monitor and watch him die. I cross my arms, looking at him awe. "Why do you have to go back to being an asshole again?" I ask him.

He chuckles. "The fiesty Elena is what I prefer." He tells me looking widely. "Oh really?" I glare at him. He nods and smiles mischievously. "And I love when you call me an asshole. It's a turn on" he tells me. I nod my head. I just can't believe this guy. He probably is the only guy who's thinking about sex laying in a hospital bed.

"You know... People say when someone is about to die they really tell the truth. The condition you were in, I'm pretty sure you meant every word to me. Every freaking word" I yell out at him. He keeps gazing at meet.

I fix my bag into my shoulder. "And, what do you know, Hazel works in the hospital. Maybe she can give you some company like she used to before" I look at him, smiling creepily as I storm out of his room.

XXXXXX

Stefan was released the next day because he didn't have any major damage. He joined the office the next day. We don't talk much. I basically spend my time with Nathan and Caroline. Caroline introduced his boyfriend Rex. We did double dates. I barely go home now. And if I do, I sneak in and sneak out before Stefan wakes up. Nathan kisses me now and I kiss him back thoroughly. God! I've missed physical contact so much.

And now I've gotten Nathan back in my life again. I can do everything that I'm craving for. Kissing Nathan feels good but there's something missing, you know. It feels like a regular thing. It doesn't feel like the one I shared with Stefan. It was erotic and intense. It gave me butterflies, gave me goosebumps. I was floating in the air. But with Nathan.. well it's just kiss.

And the worst thing is when we'll get heavy and hot and to take things in the next level, I chicken out. I freaking chicken out. No matter how much we try and I end up getting nothing. I don't know why it's happening to me. Why it's bugging me!! I want this man. And I want sex. But I can't do it. Because out of nowhere I keep thinking about that asshole and it ruins the moment. Also it feels like I'm mentally cheating on Nathan with Stefan and Nathan do not deserve to be treated this way.

But I do love spending time with him. Then there's Stefan Salvatore in my mind who gives zero shit about me.

Few weeks later,

"Can I have a moment, Miss Gilbert!" I turn my back and see Stefan standing outside of my office. I nod. "Yeah, sure" I tell him as he comes into my office.

"Umm.. I know we don't speak much now but I was wondering if we all can go hangout together. I mean me and Katherine and Caroline and you and Nathan" he tells me.

My jaw drops. What is he saying! Is he really serious?

"Are you sick?" I wrinkle my eyebrows. He smiles. "No, I'm not. I mean it." He tells me. He and Katherine? When did that happen! It's impossible. Nobody even came to see him at the hospital. I was his only visitor. They don't care about him. Specially his so called girlfriend. Now he wants me, my best friend and my unofficial boyfriend to hangout her.

"Well, I've to ask Nathan...." He cuts me off. "I did already. He said yes. So, Friday 8 pm. I'll send you the address" he says without taking answer from me as he gets out, leaving my speechless. Since when he started talking to Nathan! What's really happening?

Everything will be out on Friday. I hope, I can bear this already devasted Friday.

Thanks for reading please vote and review.