Prove Me Wrong

Chapter 10: Prove Me Wrong

Stefan's POV:

Elena and I just got home. She ignored me in the car. I tried to make a conversation with her but then thought I shouldn't, so I didn't. We were silent throughout drive.

I unlock our apartment. Elena even ignored me in the elevator. I am giving her space. It is a rough night for her. It'd be lousy of me to show my jerkiness.

"Do you want something?" I try to make a conversation with her as we get inside.

She shakes her head. "No, I'm tired. I just want to sleep to forget that something terrible happened to me" she says taking off the scarf as she walks into her room.

I pucker my lips and say quitely "Okay" but not quite enough for her not to hear.

She opens her door. I'm about to leave but I see her tuning back and looking at me.

"Thank you for saving me from embarrassment" she says giving me a soft face. I see how sad those beautiful hazelnut eyes are. All I want to run and hug her tightly as she let it all out in my arms. But I control myself. She didn't deserve what happened.
I roll my lips. "Anytime" I say as we go to each other's room.

XXXXXXXXXX

Elena's POV:

I call in sick. All I want to spend the entire day in my bed. I'm all over the internet. A sensation but not a in negative way though. People are giving me mental support which I don't need from strangers but okay.

But what's bugging me is that Stefan Salvatore is all over the news. He's got more attention than me. He's a hero now. A savior. Savior of Elena. And bunch of teenagers already created fanaccounts of us and posting and making edits on us. They started calling us Stelena.

It took me few minutes to understand it's his and I's made up name.

These people can do anything for views. I groan as I drop my phone. This moment is supposed to be mine. And He stole it. Okay, I get it. It was an embarrassing moment for me and Stefan saved me which I'll be forever thankful to him. But this!! He getting more attention than me is making me feel jealous.

Can I get a life of my own without getting involved by Stefan fucking Salvatore in the way??

I hear a knock on my door. I say nothing. "Elena. Breakfast is ready. If you want some" he says in his morning voice. His morning voice is a little rough and deep because he is like walking half asleep and he awake which makes it sexy. I say nothing.

I feel him waiting for me to reply. He knocks again but says nothing. I wait until I can't hear him anymore.

Few minutes later, I open my door and I gasp when I see Stefan standing right infront of me.

"Seriously?" I ask putting my hand on my waist. "You're ignoring me" he accuses me as I past through him.

"Yes, I'm" I say taking the burn toast and putting jelly on it.

"Why?" He asks and I ignore as I take a huge bite on my toast. He is a great cook though. What? Burning the toast perfectly is also an art.

"Have you checked your phone?" I ask him. He wrinkles his eyebrows.

"No, why?" He says as he walks in my direction putting both of his hands into his pockets. I lick my lips.

When he does that. It's so sexy of him. God! Why do I always find his regular do sexy? I've issues.

"My video went viral and people are talking about it" I tell him as I ignore.

He squints his eyebrows more. "And? Is it really that bad?!" He asks. "No" I say closing my eyes.

"People understood. And they're being really good and supportive to me" I tell him.

He licks his lips. "Then what's the problem?" He asks, tilting his head.

I drop my toast. "Because people are talking about you too..." I pause. "More than me. They're calling you a hero. They're calling you my hero" I yell.

He scoffs. "So, how's that a bad thing? I saved you from embarrassment. You didn't plan on it, neither did I. It was an instant act to do" he tells me.

I take a deep breath. "Yes. It was and I respect you for that but it's not the fact. The fact is it's about you while it's supposed to be about me. I'm so angry because of the link I've of you in my life. Wherever I go, you're hanging in my neck like a monkey. Do you know people even made fanaccounts of us and shipping us together. They're calling us Stelena" I yell out.

He stands freeze and then brusts into laughing. "What?" He laughs louder. "It's not funny" I sound serious, tilting my head.

I fume in anger more and more. "Now what can I do about that if people are lovin' us? It's not a bad thing" he tells me.

I shake my head. "It's not a good thing either. We're not exclusive. We're not couple that people are making it out to be" I tell him.

"How's this my fault? Elena, you're making no sense and now it's annoying me. I'm done playing the goodie" he says seriously.

I look at him, he looks at me. "Fine. Fine. It's my fault. As if I've planned this."

I storm out but only stop by Stefan as he grabs me by my arm.

"I never said it. I just don't understand why are you mad at me as people are making stories about us. I don't deserve it" he says.

I look at him. "No, you don't. But the thing is that I hate it. Your involvement around me.. I hate it. I'm hating it since the day I become your roommate. Now, it's not around this apartment anymore. It's now in the city and I hate it. I hate that I hate it." I says looking at him straight.

I can see his warm breath going in and out. He looks angry.

"You done?" he says giving a hard face. I lick my lips. "Yeah! Why?" I ask.

"So that I can do this" he says as he grabs me by my face, his hands on my cheeks and pulls me close to him as his lips fall on mine.

Elena love you but stop being a child.

Next update will be in November.

Thanks for reading please vote and review.