I Did Exactly What You Wanted

Chapter 20: I Did Exactly What You Wanted

The whole table is gone blank. Nobody's squirming, nobody's knocking their spoon on the plate. All we see Katherine on her knees for Stefan. Stefan looks at her blankly just like we all are. He probably hasn't expected this.

He scoffs and then laughs. "Katherine, what are you doing?" He asks laughing like he doesn't want to believe this is really happening.

Katherine shrugs her shoulder. "On my knees, holding a ring, proposing to you to marry me" she says adorably.

I swallow really hard as she says. I think the whole table heard it.

"Are you going to say yes or yes?" She says tilting her head after getting no response from Stefan.

"Because it's not funny to have me on my knees for almost five minutes while you're standing right there, looking down at me like you're seeing a ghost" she jokes but nobody's laughing.

I glance at Damon who is swallowing the drink hard, looking mad. " Uh.." Stefan opens his mouth. Please don't say yes. Don't say yes. No, please. I keep saying in my head. I screw shut my eyes not prepared to hear yes from him.

"Yes. Miss Pierce. I'll marry you" he says giving his hand towards her. She takes it, puts the ring on his finger. He helps her standing up. She pulls him closer as she kisses him standing on her tiptoes.

Nobody's clapping. Like nobody. I can't believe what I'm witnessing right now. Is this really real? Did Stefan really say yes to her. I pinch myself to make sure I'm not hallucinating but I'm far too wrong.

As they break the kiss, Katherine looks at us. "Well, are you guys going to clap for us or not?" She says dramatically, practically throwing herself on Stefan.

The table suddenly slowly awkwardly started clapping. She looks back at Stefan and smiles as she kisses him again. Stefan kisses her back. He runs his hand her waist gently. Disgusting!

We all yelp when we hear a glass shattering noise which also causes Stefan to break the kiss as they look at their behind. It's Damon who just shattered the glass, giving a drunk smirk at every one of us. He's barely holding on, he walks away.

I can't hold it anymore. "Excuse me, I need to use the restroom" I blur out as I get up and walk away without looking at anyone. I hear Caroline says me too as she gets up after me. Probably she did for me so that no one can get suspicious of why am I acting weird. I don't look around as I go straight to the bathroom.

I slam the door open, unable to control my anger. I look at myself in the mirror. I look and feel miserable. This bathroom reminds me of the night when Stefan came into the bathroom and I told him to become one woman man. He shrugged and refused to be one. He didn't want to change himself for me. And now, he's doing it for someone else. When I said it to him by that I meant to become one for me. Only me. I know it's sound crazy but that's what I wanted.

"Elena? You alright?" I hear Nathan knocking on the door. I open the water tap, trying to make some noises that I'm actually using the bathroom. "Yeah" I yell enough for him to hear.

"Mind if I come in?" He asks me. I wipe down the tear that is rolling on my cheek out of nowhere. My eyes are little smudged.

"Sure" I say forcing a smile on my face. "Hey!" He comes in opening the door. I look at him as I close off the water tap and start drying my hands.

"Are you okay?" He asks shoving his hands on his pocket. I look at him confuse. "Yeah, I'm. Why do you ask?" I ask him walking towards him.

"You look so tensed when Katherine was proposing to Stefan. Actually you were upset!" He tells me. I make a confuse face and burst out of laughing. "No, I'm not" I shrug my shoulder, making some weird friction as if it didn't effect on me.