Move In

Chapter 4: Move In

I storm out of the building with my already broken bags. I hear Stefan calling me but I don't stop. I don't want to. The man is pervert and annoying and pretends like everything is normal. Not that I care what he does in his life but as his almost roommate, I'm uncomfortable the way he acts, behaves.

"Look, Elena. You have to understand" he says finally able to chase me down. I start walking faster. So does he.

"Please go. I don't want to do anything with you. I don't want to talk to you. I don't want to know you and sure hell don't want you as my roommate, ever. Do you understand?" I scream at him.

Stefan sighs. I see frustration in his eyes. He looks around and then I do. People around us watching us. I regret immediately for yelling at him too loudly.

"Is there something wrong, madame?" Some one says behind me, the man is naggy.

"Is this the guy bothering you?" Another one stands next to Stefan, on his way to grab Stefan's collar. They don't look gentleman at all. They look drunk, smell drunk.

"Hey, it's okay. He's a friend. We had a fight" I babble out. The guy chuckles. I want to throw up, to be honest.

"Okay" he says in his drunk voice. Stefan just intensely stares at me and then giving everyone of them death glares.

"Let's go" I say grabbing his forearm, dragging him out there with me to get rid of those.

"How come people like them walking around a place like this?" I ask Stefan. I really thought the area is for the VIPs.

"Trust me, this is the first time I saw these people. I should just call the guards to get them out" he tells me. I nod.

I wipe my sweat from my forehead. "Elena, please. I don't know how to explain to you. I'm not a bad guy and we're not close enough to share everything. Just trust me, start live in the apartment" he tells me.

I sigh. "Why are you so desperate to keep me here? To have a roommate? You're not poor. Your house is huge. And I don't think so I could give the money you'll charge because your apartment is really costly to live in. Caroline told me it was a homely place so I agreed until it turns out a dream palace I've ever seen. So, tell me why do you need a roommate?" I demand him to answer me.

He licks his lips. "I just want to help you. That's all. Caroline told me her friend needs a place to crash in and she was worried. I couldn't see her tensed so I told her that I need a roommate. I'm basically just looking for my friend." He tells me.

I wiggle my eyebrows. Well, that makes sense. I really put Caroline through hell. She's that kinda friend who don't stop until she completes her responsibilities.

"I understand but Stefan.. I can't. I already am feeling like you're pitying me. I don't need anyone's pity. Maybe you've a nice heart and wanted to help your friend through me but... I can't live in that apartment. It's not affordable" I tell him.

He keeps gazing at me like he's reading my mind more than listening to my words. "Listen, you don't have to live in with me forever. I basically stay most of the time at office. Today I was just helping my friend out.." he stops and then smirks. I roll my eyes.

"That's why you found me home. And secondly, when you'll have enough money, you will get a decent apartment to live on your own. I just want to help and whatever you'll give me, it'll be enough" he assures me.

I close my eyes. I'm still confused though. I don't have enough money that I could afford a place, right now. Jenna told me she'd send me money every week and I already know how much she'll send me.

"Okay..." I says softly. "I'll try to adjust" I add. I pick up my bags. He smiles. "Good! So we're officially Roommates?" He says grinning.

"Roomate" I tell him.

"What?" He asks in confused, raising his eyebrows.

"We can't be mates. It's illegal. Specially your history with friends" I tell him. By that I mean the half naked blonde girl whom he calls friend.

He chuckles. "And you already ate half of my brain and made me confuse about everything and successfully convinced to live with you in the apartment. So, you're the roomate."

He just ooo's and looks up trying to figure out what I just said and laughs. He looks pretty when he laughs. Ahemmm, Elena focus. You've a boyfriend. Who probably smiles pretty too. Stefan's not that bad, not gentleman either because...

He keeps walking towards the building whistling city of stars as I'm walking behind him, grabbing my already heavy, stuck-yy bags. I curse myself because I'm too proud to tell him to help me and also cursing him because he is not helping me out at all.

Only God Know where am I getting myself into.

Thanks for reading please vote and review.