2.

-'CHAPTER 2´-

Days had passed since Elaine last spoke to Elijah. Caroline was kidnapped and saved,  ended up spending the night comforting her as the two blondes binged movies and had a heart to heart.

Jeremy Bonnie and Elaine were currently looking for anything to save Elena's life, going through grimoires and Bonnie's family spell books as the trio waited for any news.

The blonde sat awkwardly looking through the books while a moment with Jeremy and Bonnie happened. Despite the awkward third wheeling, she was happy for the girl as it seemed Jere was a good guy for her.

Suddenly the door opens and Alaric walks in.

"Elijah and Stefan are up stairs, mind if I have a second with Jeremy," Ric asks.

"Sure yeah," Bonnie says, and Elaine nods before following her.

Bonnie and Elaine meet with Stefan and Elijah, and guilt surges in the blonde's heart when she hears the man had taken Jenna. The two weren't close, but she was important to Elena and always nice to the woman.

"We need to go," Bonnie pleads, wanting to help. "Before Jenna gets sacrificed, I can kill Klaus myself."

"Bonnie, if you use that much power, you'll be dead. We've already been through this," Stefan says.

Elaine nods in agreement that no one should have to die for this. "It's not an option," Stefan finishes.

"Neither is letting Jenna die," the witch concludes.

"Stefan would agree," Elijah chimes in.

"I'm going to be the vampire Klaus sacrifices," Stefan reveals.

Elaine and Bonnie share a look, both wanting the kind vampire to be safe.

An anger pulled in Elaine. The blonde felt helpless. Her friends, the people who have been kind and welcomed her, are dying, and there was nothing she could do about it.

𖦹⭒°。⋆

The blonde had stayed home while everything went down. Bonnie had found a spell to save Elena, but John Gilbert would have to die. He had quickly agreed to save his daughter. After that, Bonnie and Damon had left. Jeremy had tried to go with them, but Bonnie had put him to sleep.

Elaine had caught him when he fell. "You guys go, I'll take care of him," she tells the witch. Bonnie gives her friend a small, great, full smile.

"Be safe, Bonnie, you got people who love you too," Elaine calls. Bonnie pauses before looking back and giving the blonde a nod.

Jeremy, Elaine, John, and Alaric all sat anxiously waiting for any news.

A few hours later, Damon had carried Elena in, and Jeremy had rushed to his sister's side.

"What about Jenna?" Alaric asks, and the look Damon gave the man said more than words ever could.

Alaric stumbled a bit, and Elaine was by his side to hold him up. "No," he mutters.

"I'm sorry, Jeremy," Damon says, addressing the kid.

When Elena woke, she had not been a vampire. It seemed Bonnie's spell had worked, and the woman was still human.

The funeral was nice. Everyone left pretty red roses for Jenna and John.

It turns out Damon had been bit, and Elijah had betrayed them. Elaine tried to feel angry at the man, but she couldn't. A part of her understood. Stefan had said Klaus offered Elijah his family, and the blonde knew Elijah was just doing what was best for them.