22.

-'CHAPTER 22´-

"That is so cute," Caroline enthuses.

"Except for the fact that it's my brother, but I'm happy for you, Elaine," Bekah smiles.

Caroline hits Rebekah in the face with a pillow. "It's just cute."

Elaine shakes her head with an amusing smile on her face as the original throws the pillow back at the blonde.

"Can I ask you guys something?" Bekah speaks up after a beat of silence. The two vampires look at the blonde, taking in her serious tone.

"I don't know if Nik told you, but he and the whole Mystic Falls gang are looking for a cure."

"A cure," Elaine questions.

"A cure to what," Caroline asks.

"A cure for vampirism, to be human." Rebekah reveals the sound of longing in her voice.

"Is that possible?" Elaine asks softly.

Bekah nods. "I have to have hope."

"Why would you want that?" Caroline asks softly with genuine curiosity in her voice.

"I wanna be human, fall in love with one, have a family, be a mom, I want that more than anything" she admits softly "it's what I wanted for thousands of years" she looks up to her two friends a bit shyly.

Elaine smiles. "Then we'll help, in any way we can for you, Bekah. You deserve the life you want."

Caroline nods. "How do we get it?"

Rebekah smiles. "I'm glad you asked.".

𖥔 ݁ ˖ִ ࣪⚝₊ ⊹˚

Elaine walks in the classroom Rebekah had told her to meet her at, she's met with the sight of Elena and Stefan both sitting at a table Rebekah stood a mischievous look in her eye as Caroline stood beside her.

"I'm not even going to ask," Elaine mutters.

"Eaine, help us please," Elena pleads.

The blonde ignores her old friend, calling to her knowing between the Salvatore Brothers that she would always be safe.

"Do you have what I asked for?" Rebekah asks.

Elaine grabs the collar of the man's shirt, yanking him in the sight of Rebekah.

"You must be Shane," the original wore a cruel smile.

The man looked scared and star struck at the same time.

Rebekah turns to Elaine "and Kol."

"On his way," the vampire answers.

"Great, thank you, I'll be right over.".

𖥔 ݁ ˖ִ ࣪⚝₊ ⊹˚

"Look at us all back in action," Kol smiles.

Rebekah rolls her eyes, and Elaine smiles back.

The blonde remembered how Kol and Rebekah would always drag Elaine into their antics. The trio usually did some damage together. With Elaine's voice of reason, Kol's mindset is always going completely too far, and Rebekah who always came up with a plan of just enough chaos to be fun and not get in trouble.

"Your Rebekah and Kol," Shane pleads with a smile on his face. He turns to Elaine, "You're a vampire too, incredible."

Rebekah takes a step forward, looking into the professor's eyes. "Where's the cure?" she compels.

"Compulsion doesn't work on me," Shane smiles "trick I learned incredible right."

"Well then, we'll just do this the old fashioned way," Rebekah speaks up.

Kol smirks, "The fun way you mean."

Elaine shrugs, "It's all the same."

As Rebekah leaves Kol and Elaine gets started with Kol dunking Shane's head in water over and over going to the point where he almost drowns before letting him up again then dipping his head just as fast as he took it out.

"Where is the cure?" Kol demands as Elaine sits a bit away, scrolling on her phone. "You can help, you know." Kol turns to the blonde, dunking the man's head back in.

Shane thrashes in the grip, heaving for air every time he comes back up.

"I'm not trying to get wet," Elaine says "plus I'm letting you have your moment," she smiles.

Kol raises a brow.

"Fine," she speeds over, pinning Shane into the wall, making the raven haired man groan in pain. She grabs him by the throat squeezing to the point where he can't breathe "the cure," she asks, letting him go slightly so he can speak.

"Oo, I taught you well," Kol speaks with a proud smile on his face.

"It's really concerning how much you're enjoying this."

Suddenly, Rebekah walks in. "You can't use it, why do you want it anyway?" she chimes in speaking to Shane.

"You can have the cure. I just want Silas, that's the beauty of it, " he spits out.

Elaine grabs the man by his collar, yanking him toward Kol, who takes a hold of the man.

"What do you know about Silas?" he demands.

"He's the world's first immortal being, who just so happens to be imprisoned by the cure," he says, admiration dripping from his voice in a rather creepy way. "I want to free him."

"No," Kol yells, throwing the man back in the water. This time, he doesn't let up even when Shane looks as if he were about to die.

"Stop," Rebekah yells. Kol yanks the man up as he coughs for air.

"He's no use to us dead," Bekah says.

"Did you hear him, Silas will kill us all," Kol says angrily. Elaine remembered the old stories about the immortal being.

"Silas isn't real. He's a fairytale meant to scare children," Rebekah speaks up.

"He's real," Shane heaves, "and I know how to bring him back."

"You're lying." Kol says, "You need-"

"His tomb, a sacrifice. I know where he's buried too. "

"You're the one who blew up the farm," Elaine mutters in realization "for your sacrifice."

"Their lives didn't go in vain, and when I wake Silas, he'll resurrect everyone who died on behalf of him," Shane smiles.

In a split second, Kol grabs what seemed to be a wooden broom, breaking off the long part and stabbing it into Shane's stomach, killing the man once and for all.

The trio walked out of the room, meeting back up with Caroline, who waited outside oblivious to the professor who woke.

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ִ ࣪⚝₊ ⊹˚

"Can that woman hurry up? '' Kol complained, sitting in the front seat with his legs up on the dashboard.

Elaine and Caroline sat in the back waiting as Rebekah remained in the school. The vampire told them to wait in the car as she had business to finish.

"Do you ever stop complaining?" Caroline mumbles.

Kol smiles, looking back at the blonde "Well you'd have to be around me more to see gorgeous," he smirks.

"Ew," Caroline shakes, her head turning to look out the window.

"So how about I take you out we could -" Kol starts, but Caroline leans over, turning on the radio, cutting the vampire off.

Elaine snickers as Kol sends her a glare.

Suddenly, Rebekah opens the front door, sitting down. "Who's ready for burgers?" she asks.

"Yes, please." Elaine smiles.

Kol shrugs, "I'm hungry anyway.