25.

-'CHAPTER 25´-

Elaine woke up feeling drowsy yet warm. Her eyes fluttered open as she rubbed them, her head feeling far less foggy than it had hours ago. She was acutely aware of arms wrapped gently around her, providing her with warmth as the wind howled, shaking the forest tree leaves.

"How are you feeling?" A voice asks softly.

Elaine sits up from the hybrid's chest as she meets Niks eyes.

"What happened?" she mutters softly. Nik rubbed his thumb to the palm of her hand, causing the blonde's anxious feelings to calm.

"Do you feel any better?" he asks, bringing his hand up, cupping her chin.

"Yeah, I feel a lot better," she says truthfully.

Nik grabs her hand, his skin warm against hers. Elaine looks down at her hand to find her ruby red ring back on her finger.

"You got it back," she mutters.

He nods.

"Thank you," She says softly, giving the hybrid a soft smile. Nik smiled back.

The vampire turns back around. "Wow," she mumbles. From where the two sat, Nik leaning up on a tree, the leaves cleared in a perfect way, showing the beautiful night sky that was littered with shiny stars.

"Beautiful right," Nik mutters, admires the scene.

Elaine nods, resting her head back on Nik's chest. The two lay in the forest staring up at the stars, and for once in what felt like a lifetime, Elaine felt safe.

- 🎀 ⋆˙⟡♡

It seemed Nik and Elaine were the only two who weren't hell-bent on finding the cure.
Elaine was surprised to find Nik not worried in the slightest about it, but when she asked why, he simply said, "I have all I need here."

Now that Jeremy was dead, his friend Eryn had taken over as hunter, leading everyone to the cure. Rebekah was still on the hunt for it, though she had talked to Elaine and assured the blonde she was happy and not mad. Caroline was helping Rebekah, Elena had her humanity off, Stefan was searching for the cure for her while Damon was multi-tasking with helping look for it and also stopping Elena from doing anything stupid.

Now Elaine laid on a sofa, hands resting on her stomach, a pink ribbon in her hair alongside a casual white dress.

"Are you almost done?" the blonde questions.

"So impatient love," Nik scolds teasingly. "I'm almost done." The light music of piano hummed in the background from Nik's record player. The soft melody hummed against the walls, filling the blonde's ears as she tried her hardest not to nod her head to the beat.

Elaine closes her eyes, fiddling with her fingers.

"You know moving only makes this take longer," he mutters.

Elaine nods before going back still.

"I'm done love".

Elaine perches up happily. She moves to stand behind the hybrid, wrapping her arms around his shoulders with a smile.

"You're a beautiful painter," she says softly, staring at the gorgeous painting in front of her. Nik had managed to capture her in perfect detail to the pink color of her lips to her small dimple on her cheek. The hybrid certainly had a way with art as the colors mixed together in a brightening way many hues were put together to perfectly mimic her blue-green eyes.

"Well, I have an amazing muse," he smiles up at her. Elaine grabs his hands, bringing him out of his seat. "Let's do something today," she says.

Nik tilts his head toward her, pressing his lips together "Yeah like what?" the hybrid had the sudden urge to kiss the blonde upon being so close. Sadly, the two hadn't exactly spoken about the kiss they shared, though Nik prayed it wouldn't be the last.

"I don't know, we can figure it out on the way," Elaine shrugs. Nik just lets Elaine guide him to the front door, a smile glued to his face.

˚.° ༘🎀⋆🖇⋆

The wind blew through Elaine's hair as the woman lightly sung the lyrics to the song that blasted. Nik sat in the driver's seat, nodding his head along to the music, though Elaine doubts he would ever admit to liking a Taylor Swift song. The sun roof was off, letting the sun pool down on the two, the heat being balanced by the soft breeze.

Nik simply smiled looking over to Elaine, her hair was loose, the golden curls gleaming in the sun a smile on her lips as she nodded her head lip singing the lyrics to a Taylor Swift song Nik didn't know. Nik looked back to the rode, tapping his finger on the steering wheel.

"You like it," Elaine teases.

Nik glances at her, seeing the smile on her face. "I do not," he defends.

"It's okay," Elaine says in a teasing voice. "I mean everyone loves Taylor Swift," she shrugs. "Wait until I tell Kol about this."

Nik can't help but smile at her tone. "Where are we even going?"

"Never heard of just driving." Elaine sits back, closing her eyes and letting the cold air brush against her face.

- 🎀 ⋆˙⟡♡

"I should have known this was a ploy to go shopping," Nik mutters as Elaine holds up a pink dress.

"Don't give me so much credit. I simply suggested the first place I thought of," the woman smiled mischievously, indicating otherwise. "This matches perfectly," she mutters, holding up a pink tie

Nik smiles down at the woman. "Is there an event we were invited to that I don't know about?" he questions.

"No," she mutters softly. She tilts her head to look up at him, "but we can never be too careful."

Nik pressed his lips together, his eyes wandering to hers. "You know your closet is already about to be too full."

"A closet can never be too full."" The blonde grabs another white dress.

Nik laughs lightly "alright love". Elaine grips his hand as she walks to the next aisle, Nik following her like a lost puppy.

- 🎀 ⋆˙⟡♡

Elaine laid in her bed and headed on the soft melody of a song played in her ears. She had just gotten home from being out with Nik as he had some business to attend to.
The muffled sound of her door opening pulled Elaine from her thoughts, and the blonde sat up to see Rebekah and Caroline in the doorway.

Elaine instantly smiles, the two smiling back as she runs to hug them. The two vampires wrap their arms around their friend.

"Did you get it?" The blonde asks Hopefully, pulling away from the two.

Rebekah's silence is enough. The woman was still a vampire.

"I'm so sorry, Beks, " Elaine mutters sympathetically.

"It's okay," it's silent for a beat "I think this is for the best, I'm satisfied living an eternity if I get you two by my side" the woman says softly.

Elaine smiles up at her.

"Now we can plan about thirty girls' trips," Caroline enthused.

"Alright, it's official. we're having a girls' night since we haven't had one in forever," Elaine enthused.

Caroline flops down on Elaine's bed, Rebekah joining her as Elaine grabs the remote from her bedside, turning on an episode of Gilmore Girls.

The three blonde's cuddle up close, eventually drifting off to sleep.