5.

-'CHAPTER 5'-

"You have to try out for the cheer squad," Elaine enthused. Her and Elena were walking up to school when they saw Rebkeah doing gymnastics out front.

It seemed Elena didn't share the blonde's amusement because she glared at the original.

Rebekah ignores her, looking at Elaine with a smile.

"I was hoping we could talk," Elena tells Rebekah.

"About what Stefan" the vampire questions "Don't worry, I'm off him until he starts treating me better. In fact, you should probably take a page out of my book."

"Actually, I'd rather talk about this." Elena pulls out a photo of a name written in ancient writing carved on stone.

Elaine tilts her head, the blonde oblivious to what the brunette was talking about.

"I'm curious as to why you and Klaus spent a thousand years running from your father," Elena says as if she were proud she found this out.

Her friend raises a brow, trying to signal to the brunette to ask what she was talking about.

Rebekah blinks a few times, looking a bit sad. Elaine knew what it was like to not wanna talk about something. And while Elena was her friend, she also knew how the brunette could press about things.

"Rebekah should get back to the girls, and we should get to class." The blonde jumps in.

Rebekah nods before giving a great full smile to the woman. Elaine could always read her. The human always knew what Rebekah needed or what she was comfortable with, and Rebekah always appreciated her friend's consideration. It hadn't hit the vampire until recently, just how much she missed the blonde.

"Maybe I'll just ask Mikael when he wakes," Elena throws out as Rebekah moves to walk away.

The vampire pauses. "You're bluffing. You don't know where he is, no one does."

"So who's rotting in the old cemetery in Charlotte?" she asks.

"Elena." Her friend hits her as if saying, "Stop talking, your threatening and original right now."

"If you wake Mikael, we're all doomed," Rebekah steps toward Elena angrily.

"So then tell me."

"What do you want to know?" Rebekah pleads.

"Why don't you want me to wake Mikael?" the brunette asks.

Rebekah just states to her a moment, "I need to get back to the girls," she concludes as she walks away.

𖦹⭒°。⋆

It had been a few days since Elaine's been involved in Mystic Falls business, which the blonde was grateful for. The woman had just left Bonnie's after hanging out and was now walking through the forest. Besides her earliest memory being in a forest, Elaine had found a love for it. She was always fond of the pretty plants and even took a herbology course a while back.

Sometimes, the blonde would simply walk through the forest to calm herself.

Suddenly she came to a stop when she saw a pretty white and brown bunny, the legs of the poor thing were caught in a bush.

The blonde sat down on a patch of green grass working to free the bunnies leg. After the animal's leg was free, the animal hopped in Elaine's hands.