18.

-'CHAPTER 18´-

The blonde giggled as Nik pulled her close into his chest. The two stood in the garden surrounded by the colorful flowers as the sunlight beamed down on the two. Elaine's heart felt warm, beating fast as she stared into Nik's blue eyes.

Nik leaned in close, kissing her softly against her lips. Elaine's arms wrapped around his shoulders, and she could feel Klaus smile against her lips as his arms went to her waist, sending butterflies in her stomach.

"You look so beautiful, my love," he mutters, rubbing his thumb against her waist.

Elaine laughs softly. "Flattering are we," she teases.

"I am simply speaking the truth," he whispers softly the scent of dried paint and the forest wood radiating off him. Warmth filled Elaine's heart, and she could feel her heart beating lightly in her chest.

"Oh, come on, you two," a voice calls from afar. The two look up to see Rebekah smiling softly. She wore a beautiful long white dress with a red corset. "I made food."

"Oh goodie, so we'll be ordering in tonight," Nik mutters as the two walk to Rebekah.

She slaps his arm. "I'm a great cook," the blonde enthused.

"If we're lucky Elijah was there to monitor her, I'm surprised she didn't burn the house down," Nik whispers to Elaine.

Elaine gasped for air as she woke with a shaky breath for the weird dream-like memory.

tears fell out the confused woman's eyes as a mixture of dread and fear mixed in her heart.

Her hands were shaky as she stood her heart hammering in her chest. For some reason, the blonde felt as if she couldn't breathe sadness mixed with panic and fear for no absolute reason.

The blonde quickly walks to the window, seeing the moon shine down, brightening the dark forest that surrounded the house as the wind howled, making the trees sway in the dark.

Elaine walks toward the door running downstairs. "Nik," she calls "Rebekah." her voice sounded dry.

The blonde looked around no one in sight as even the hybrids had fled, which was probably a good thing.

The blonde stumbles to the front door, her head throbbing, the room lights felt like the sun's rays beaming down on her, making her sweat.

The sound of car tires squealed in her ear as she opened the front door, but no cars were in sight. Elaine turned quickly as buzzing filled her ears. Her breathing turned harsh, and a certain crave made the woman dizzy.

Elaine stumbled out of the house. Suddenly, a smell filled her nose. It smelled like the best thing in the world, she needed it, the blonde was so hungry.

Elaine walked for what felt like hours until she stumbled into someone's lawn. She approached the door, smacking her head as the throbbing increased alongside the noises.

"Hello," she mumbles, knocking on the door.

It took a second for someone to answer, but eventually, a brunette man opened the door.

"Woah, are you okay?" he asks, noticing her pale face and sweat that dripped off her forehead.

The blonde opens her mouth to speak to plead that she needed help but the smell was stronger and she didn't think before she jumped on the man sinking her teeth into the man's neck relishing in the sweet taste of blood.