23.

-'CHAPTER 23´-

Elaine drank her strawberry milkshake, a smile on her face as she saw Kol's scowl.

"Will you stop looking at me?" Kol huffs rolling his eyes.

"I'm not," Elaine smiles. She totally was.

"Do they always argue like this?" Caroline asks.

"You don't even know the half of it," Rebekah replies, taking a sip of her soda.

Elaine tries to take a fry from Kol's plate, but he smacks her hand.

"Rebekah," Elaine gasps in a voice that tells Rebekah the two were about to start fighting like two children and make the original wanna rip her ears out.

"Oh my god, leave me out of this," the vampire replied.

"What you think you can eat my fries but you don't wanna share your milkshake" the original pouts bitterly.

"Well, my meal didn't come with fries, that's not my fault, you could have ordered a milkshake but you didn't."

"I didn't know I wanted one until I saw yours."

"That sounds like a Kol problem."

Kol glares at the woman. "Tell her to share Rebekah."

"You two are giving me a headache," Rebekah mumbles.

.𖥔 ݁ ˖𖦹⭒°。⋆

"What is up with everyone's obsession with this cure?" Elaine questions.

"I'm not obsessed, I just can't let Silas live," Kol explains. "Elena Gilbert is looking for a truce. I don't believe her, do you?" he inquires.

Elaine thinks for a moment as the two walk side by side. "I don't believe her, Elena Gilbert would do anything for her brother, yes but the Salvatores want nothing more than to get her the cure, and she wouldn't bet anything on trusting you".

The vampire nods. "Wait, outside, I'll call you if I need backup.".

𖥔 ݁ ˖𖦹⭒°。⋆

"Do you know your darling former blood bag and her brother are trying to kill me?" Kol chimes from the phone as Elaine stands by his side nervously.

"What?" Elaien used her hearing to listen to Nik's reply.

"Have you been so fed up on this cure you have no sense of family loyalty, for your information Elaine is by my side?" the original chimes angrily.

"Where, where are you two Kol now?" Nik grits.

"Now you care."

"Kol, I had no idea. Now tell me where you two are," the hybrid grits.

Elaine screams out in pain as a wooden stake enters her leg.

Kol speeds over, pulling it out, looking at Elena, who has a crossbow in hand.

The brunette runs upstairs, and Kol and Elaine share a look before speeding up. They watch the doppelganger run in a room, locking it.

Kol kicks it down before breaking another door to get to the siblings.

When they finally see the two, Jeremy shoots a wooden stake at the man, Kol catches it with ease.

"Missed," he chimes in a taunting voice.

Kol speeds forward as Jeremy shoots him, staking him in the stomach, Elena points her gun to him, but Elaine speeds over, pinning the woman to the wall before she can shoot