20.

-'CHAPTER 20´-

-'CHAPTER 20´-

"The white dress or the blue?" Elaine asks, holding the two dresses up.

"The white," Rebekah and Caroline say in sync.

Elaine set the blue dress down, picking up the white one admiring the silk fabric. It was comfortable and certainly flattering on the woman as it slit revealing her legs alongside an open back.

"So you ask Nik yet," Rebekah asks, sitting on her vanity as she checks her makeup.

Elaine flops on the bed, her silence giving an answer on its own. "Why can't we all just go as girl dates?" the blonde asks.

"Because you wanna go with Klaus." Caroline shrugs, flipping through a magazine.

"That doesn't mean I have to ask him," the vampire defends.

"No, but it means you should," Rebekah stands "its Nik he's head over heels for you he will say yes." The original sits at the edge of the bed, patting Elaine's legs.

Elaine sits up. "What time does it start again?"

Caroline perks up "Seriously" she asks a deadpan look on her soft features.

Elaine gives her friend a sheepish look. "You have to be there an hour early to help. It starts at 9, and we're getting ready together," she declares.

Elaine didn't really enjoy social events much but it is the Miss Mystic falls event and Caroline loved planning stuff like this so the vampire would go to support her friend, not to mention she was outnumbered since Rebekah also wanted to go.

Since the blonde was obligated to go, she thought Nik would be a good idea for a date. The hybrid had gone to Italy for a week to sort out some hunter business, and Elaine hated to admit that she missed the man.

Caroline and Rebekah had suggested the vampire ask the hybrid, but Elaine was still trying to build the courage.

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ִ ࣪⚝₊ ⊹˚

"Well, why don't you just come back to town?" Elaine inquires, phone in hand.

"Because that's too much work and not enough blood," Kol chimes from the other line.

"So you're just lazy," the blonde teases.

She could hear the eye roll in Kol's tone. "Don't you have stuff to do," the original asks.

"You called me," Elaine says sweetly, standing from her seat on the couch.

"Yeah, and I regret it already," he mutters.

"Call me later," the vampire hands up before heading upstairs.

Elaine finally makes her way to Nik's art room, the hybrid sitting painting away a beautiful landscape.