7.

-'CHAPTER 7´-

Elaine was putting her books in her locker when Elena approached her.

"Hey Elaine, are you okay?" the brunette asks, brows furrowed.

"Oh hey Lena, yeah, I'm feeling a lot better," she nods.

"I'm really, really sorry, I swear if I knew you would get hurt, I wouldn't have agreed -" the brunette starts.

"Agreed to what," the blonde asks, closing her locker.

"I mean - not agreed, I just mean," the brunette stutters over her words.

"What do you mean, Elena?" the blonde asks.

The brunette just wears a face of guilt. Suddenly, a flicker of realization glints in the woman's eyes. "You knew that man was going to try and kill me," the blonde asks, hurt lacing her voice.

"No, Elaine, I didn't know he would actually hurt you. The plan was just to scare Klaus," she pleads.

"So to use me," Elaine questions, and Elena couldn't respond. Guilt ate at the woman's stomach. She never meant to hurt her friend.

Elaine just grabs her backpack and steps to leave.

"I'm trying to apologize to El," Elena says.

"I think I just wanna be alone right now," Elaine mutters, walking away. Hurt filled the woman's heart. How could her friend so easily let her play bait and not even tell her.

"What about you?" Elena walks back into her path.

"What about me?" Elaine questions, stopping in her tracks.

"How can you be friends with Klaus after everything he did to me?" the brunette questions frustrated.

Something about that strikes Elaine. "What's the difference of you being friends with Damon, I understand you have a different relationship with him than I do I never got angry about it even when you knew what he did to me what's the difference between that and my friendship with Klaus" Elaine asks and the brunette looked a at loss for words.

"For the record, even for Klaus, I wouldn't have used you, Elena," the blonde leaves, not wanting to hear what the brunette had to say.

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

"Wow," Caroline says.

"Do you think I was too harsh?" the blonde asks.

"I think you said how you felt, and that's what you should have done," the vampire groaned. "I just can't believe she would do that."

"I don't think she meant to hurt me," Elaine mumbles, stuffing some popcorn in her mouth.

Caroline jumps on the couch next to her friend, grabbing some popcorn from the bowl in Elaine's lap.

"When did you become friends with Klaus?" Caroline questions.

Elaine shrugs. "I don't know. we met a while ago and hung out a few times he's always been nice."

Caroline raises a brow. "Killer hybrid who's nice," she nudges her friend "is he hot".

Elaine laughs.

"I bet he's hot. Villains are usually hot," the vampire smirks.

Elaine shakes her head amusingly. "Alright Caroline, I think you've seen too many movies."

"Maybe you just haven't seen enough," the blonde shrugs. Elaine rolls her eyes.

"Come on, I really wanna know, promise I won't tell anyone," Caroline pleads.