16.

-'CHAPTER 16´

Elaine sat at the bar as Sage had compelled the woman a drink. Elaine was happily sipping on the alcohol as she only ever got to drink when with a vampire due to people believing she was younger than 21. If only they knew how over aged the blonde really was.

After Damon had passed out, it was boring, Caroline eventually had to leave, and Elaine was tired of stabbing Damon over and over again. She was happy to know Finn was back and even more excited to meet his love Sage, a beautiful redhead who was very kind to her.

They had let her tag along as they went to the grill. Elaine had kept her distance wanting the couple to have their time together as they had spent years apart and now she sat at the bar texting Kol who was doing business out of town while Sage and Finn sat at a table not too far drinking and talking.

Elaine had a bad feeling seeing Stefan sit at a table not too far and Matt working, especially since Caroline had told her about the Salvatores wanting to kill an original.

Suddenly, she hears Finn and Sage cough and turns to see the two spit out their drinks.

She looks to see Stefan walking out the back door.

Sage approaches her, nodding her head to follow them.

Elaine follows close to Sage as the three follow Stefan outside.

Upon seeing him, Sage quickly throws Stefan to the ground, but the vampire drops a white oak stake.

"The stake Finn," Sage points out as she holds Stefan down.

Elaine stands behind Sage, knowing she wouldn't be any help. Finn runs for the stake when suddenly the door opens, and he's shot in the stomach by a crossbow.

Elena and Matt both run out the door, and Elaine runs down the steps.

Matt holds another white oak stake, and Finn falls down as the teenager holds it up.

Elaine knocks into the man shoving him away from Finn, and in a quick movement, Matt stakes Elaine in the stomach.

It seemed for a second time paused as the sharp sensation filled the blonde's abdomen.

The blue-eyed boy staggers back with a shocked look on his face.

Sage quickly rushes over, throwing Matt into a wall hard as Elena flees.

Finn quickly recovers, pulling out the wooden stake in his chest, and Sage rushes to her side.

She pulls the stake out, and Elaine cries out. "It's okay," Sage mutters as she bites into her wrist, feeding it to the blonde.

Elaine drinks quickly, the pain subsiding as she tastes the iron liquid.

Sage and Finn both help her balance as the blonde still feels a tad dizzy.

Sage hands the white oak stake to Finn, and the two share a concerned look.

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ִ ࣪⚝₊ ⊹˚

"You saved me," Finn says softly. "If you weren't there, I would have died, thank you for that Elaine". Sage had gone home, and Finn was walking with Elaine back to Mikaelson's place.

"I thought you had a death wish," she nudges the vampire.

A beat of silence follows "I think I found something to live for," he admits silently.

Elaine smiles brightly. "You mean someone," she teases, raising a brow.

Finn, let's put a smile on "same thing," he mutters. "Now, how are you feeling? '' he asks.