12.

-'CHAPTER 12´-

Elaine's heels clicked against the shiny wood floors as distant chattering filled her ears. The Mikaelson's house was more than beautiful. It was magical.

With a tall ceiling and fairylights wrapping around the stairs alongside bright chandeliers. All the women seemed to be wearing glittering jewels and long ball gowns while the men wore expensive suits with fresh hair.

"Wow," Caroline mumbled, arms linked with Elaine's and Rebekah's.

"Beautiful right, I always loved parties like this," the original comments.

Elaine nods, taking in her surroundings.

"I'm going to go find Elena," Caroline says, walking toward another room, Rebekah nods, "I'm going to find Matt," the original explains.

Elaine nods, smiling at the two blondes as the three women part. Elaine walks around for a bit, going to grab a drink.

"You look lovely," a voice chimes. Elaine turns to see a man with brown hair slicked back and a sharp suit.

"Thank you." Elaine smiles softly. A sense of familiarity pools in the blonde's heart. His brown eyes looked so familiar. A lingering warmth alongside comfort fell into the woman's heart.

"I'm Finn Mikaelson, your Elaine, right?" he asks softly.

The woman nods. "It's great to meet you, Finn," the two shake hands.

"Are you enjoying the party?" he asks.

Elaine nods. "It's lovely. I've never been to a ball like this," she admits, looking around.

Finn nods. "I used to go with my friend all the time. She would drag me to things like this and force me to go dress shopping with her," the original smiles fondly.

Elaine giggles. "You look so serious. I can't imagine going dress shopping with you."

"Oh, I was always so awkward," the vampire laughs.

"She sounds lovely," Elaine comments after a beat of silence.

"She was, or is," the vampire speaks thoughtfully. "You remind me of her actually," he admits, if only the blonde knew. "She's kind like you, has a big heart too".

"I'm sure she's lucky to have a friend like you".

Finn smiles. The same old Elaine he thinks to himself. The vampire spots Elena, remembering his goal he excuses himself. Elaine would be safer, he thinks to himself. With him and his siblings gone Klaus won't get her killed.

As Finn leaves Elaine wanders about more admiring the beautiful set up of fairy lights and pretty chandeliers.

"Elaine" a voice chimes. Elaine turns to see Elijah wearing one of the suits she had bought him with his hair gelled neatly to the side alongside the noble original stood Kol.