27.

-'CHAPTER 27´-

Nik woke with the flutter of his eyes, a warm body pressed beside him. He looked down to see Elaine leaning on his shoulder, his arm around her. She looked beautiful, her long blonde hair fell down her shoulder and her brows softened creating a peaceful look on her face.

Nik looked around, seeing the tv still playing on a random channel, Caroline lay next to Rebekah and Kol as Elijah sat on a single chair asleep.

Nik was careful as he gently moved Elaine from his shoulder standing. He grabbed a blanket, wrapping it around her before giving a soft kiss to her forehead.

Nik walks over to the kitchen, rubbing his groggy eyes. He grabs a bottle of Bourbon before grabbing his coat, stepping outside. He uses his hybrid abilities to go to the roof. The sun was just rising, the sky illuminating a pretty orange and purple.

He sits at the top of the room, sipping his bourbon, the crisp morning air hitting his face. Sometimes, Nik liked to simply just sit in the mornings. It reminded him of when he was a boy, a time when he was human.

"Good morning," a groggy voice chimes in.

Nik turns to see Elaine; her eyes are still droopy as she sits next to him. He smiles at the sight. "Good morning," he greets, she looked even more breathtaking as the morning rays hit her, bringing out the golden glow of her hair.

The woman takes a seat next to him, admiring the hues that painted the sky.

Niks heart flickered in his chest. "I'm moving," he spits out.

Elaine turns to him, "What do you mean?"

"It's why Elijah is in town, I was talking it over with him, I want my family to be a family again, including Finn, Elijah, and Kol. I want them to move in, but I don't want to live in mystic falls, not with so much drama here. "

"Oh," Elaine's voice comes out soft a tinge of hurt.

Nik turns to face her. "I want you to come with us." his eyes held a certain desperation, a hope that she would say yes.

She turns to meet his eye, her mouth slightly open. "Move? Where".

"Well, most likely, New Orleans, you can take time to think about it."

"Finn agreed to this," she questions.

Nik nods. "With the additional that Sage could also come yes".

"I can't just leave Caroline," Elaine starts.

"We'll take her with us," he shrugs.

"What?"

"If it makes you happy, plus she's an honorary Mikaelson and Rebekah and Kol are fond of her."

Elaine opens her mouth to speak, Nik could see the questions in her eyes, the shock. The hybrid simply grabs her hands "Elaine you are family, I want you to come with me more than anything but if you wanna stay i'll still be here by your side, what I'm trying to say is I just wanna be with you" Nik hadn't meant the words to sound so intimate but it was the truth. Nik would spend the rest of eternity yearning for her love. He moves a strand of hair behind her ear before cupping her cheek. He looked at her with those eyes, those soft eyes that made Elaine's stomach flutter.

The woman made an abrupt decision as she leaned up, pressing a kiss to his lips. Nik seemed shocked at first but relaxed in a moment, leaning down to deepen the kiss. The hybrid was gentle yet desperate. The two broke apart slightly, their foreheads leaning together. Their heavy breathes mingled together the only sound of the beating of their hearts mixed with the morning birds chirping.

"I'd go anywhere to be with you, Nik," Elaine mutters, and she didn't realize how true it was until she voiced it. Nik smiled, the sight alone making Elaine smile back. The two sit cuddled up close, watching the sun rise as they did many years ago with warm hearts and rosey cheeks.

🧷 ✧ ˚. ᵎᵎ 🎀⊹₊。ꕤ°₊

Elaine packed up her clothes in boxes.

"You know we have like thirty movers to do this for us, ' Rebekah points out.

"Yeah, but I don't want them touching my stuff." Elaine shrugs.

"I'm going to miss this place." Caroline flops down on Elaine's bed, sighing dreamily.

"You didn't even live here." Rebekah raises a brow.

"Yeah, I'll still miss it," the vampire shrugs, sitting up.

"Well, we'll have a new home to love," Elaine smiles.

"I know," Caroline says excitedly. "I'm so happy we all get to live together."

"It's going to be one hell of a living predicament," Rebekah mumbles.

Elaine raises a brow "I'm sure the house we'll be staying in could hold up to twenty people with how fancy Nik likes his living arrangements" The blonde twirls in her room looking at her big bed and room that was the size of her old apartment not including the walk-in closet or the bathroom.

"Do you think we'll have a pool?" Caroline perks up. "Or maybe another garden."

"Hopefully a library," Elaine chimes in.

Rebekah throws a shirt at Elaine, smacking her right in the face. "Will you two pack?"

🧷 ✧ ˚. ᵎᵎ 🎀⊹₊。ꕤ°₊

Music boomed the busy streets alongside smiling and dancing people, light aluminum the streets gazing down a beautiful atmosphere or jazz music and a party. Somewhere in the crowd, the rest of the Mikaelson's resided dancing and enjoying New Orleans alongside Caroline.

"Beautiful right," Nik mumbles in Elaine's ear. The man had her tucked close to him carefully so as not to lose her in the crowd. The two had stayed together while the others had separated.

Elaine had a bright smile on her face, nodding lightly mesmerized by the beauty of the city.

She turns to Nik. "we get to live here," she says excitedly.

Nik smiles, staring into her soft eyes. "You get whatever you want," he mumbles.

She tilts her head up to meet his gaze, and his warm brown eyes gaze at her with the intensity of the sun. Elaine finds her smile growing.

"What if I wanted you?" She whispers.

Nik's smile grows as he brings his hands to her waist, a soft breeze passes carrying the light melody of jazz music, the streets were crowded but it felt as if it was just the two standing face to face.

"You always had me, Elaine," he mutters. "From the day we met and everything after, you'll always have me."

With that, Elaine tilts up pressing a soft kiss to Nik's lips.

Nik decided something then and there. No matter how different the two were, their hearts were intertwined.

˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚

Thank you, everyone, for reading it!! I hope you had as much fun as I did writing it!! I'm going to miss writing Elaine and Nik so much, but I really love their story! This is also my first completed book, so I feel really good! More books are coming soon too, so keep a lookout!!