14.

-'CHAPTER 14´-

"Shouldn't I stay, being human and all?" Elaine asks, trudging the forest with the three Mikaelsons. Elijah had explained how their mother had linked their lives together, including Elaine's.

"It's best if you stay with us like you pointed out your human, which means you're the most fragile," Elijah explains.

It was best now that Elaine thought about it. If the Salvatores killed her, which would be fairly easy, the Mikaelson's would suffer as well.

"Just stay close, and you'll be fine," Klaus says. The hybrid hadn't left her side ever since she woke up, which the blonde appreciated.

The four continue through the forest until they see a light brightening the darkness.

Ester stood alongside Finn in a salt circle, sticks of fire burning bright in the dark forest. 

"My sons, Elaine, come forward," Ester greets.

Kol walks forward threateningly, but the circle keeps Kol from his mother as the fire burns brighter.

"That's lovely," the Mikaelson voices "were stuck out here while the favorite son plays sacrifice." he taunts "how pathetic you are Finn".

"Be quiet, Kol. Finn knows virtue more than you can imagine," Ester defends her son.

"She's not supposed to be here, mother," Finn says, looking up at Elaine.

"No, but she must, like you all, no one should be alive for this long," Ester speaks.

"All this talking is boring me.End this mother, or I'll send you back to hell," Klaus spits out.

Ester looks to Klaus "For thousands of years I've been forced to watch you, felt the pain of every victim, suffered while you shed blood, even Elijah with your claim for nobility you're no better".

She then looks to Elaine. "You excuse my son's actions because you feel for them, an immortal human is something that simply shouldn't be."

Klaus takes a protective step in front of her. The blonde looks at Finn, who wears a guilty look of sadness flickering in his eyes.

"You're all curses of the earth, If you've come to plead for your life, I'm sorry," the blonde's eyes dance with genuine sadness. "You've wasted your time."

Ester closes her eyes, mumbling a spell until a beat passes. "No," she mumbles, "sisters do not abandon me," she yells.

Finn pulls his mother back as the fire burns bright, pushing toward Ester.

Klaus takes a step back, pulling Elaine with him as he tucks her into him using his body to protect her from the fire.

Suddenly, smoke rises, the fire burns out, and when the four turn around, Esther and Finn are nowhere to be seen.

"You alright love," Klaus asks softly, eying the blonde up and down with soft eyes. Elaine nods.

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

Rebekah helps the blonde as the two pack her stuff up.

"I'm not going to need that I'm only staying for a little," Elaine states upon seeing the original packing one of Elaine's dresses.

"Well, you don't need it, but I can borrow it," the vampire smiles sheepishly.

Elaine laughs softly, going back to packing up some clothes.

Klaus had been gracious to invite her to stay at the Mikaelson's mansion for as long as they are all linked since she's a pretty easy target. Elaine had agreed to know Salvatore's drive for killing Klaus.