𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙭

𝙋𝙖𝙞𝙣

𝘽𝙡𝙖𝙠𝙚 closes her eyes and lays her head on Thomas' shoulder—waiting for him to push the button

𝘽𝙡𝙖𝙠𝙚 closes her eyes and lays her head on Thomas' shoulder—waiting for him to push the button. Her heart hammers against her chest as she draws in a deep breath.

Just as the boy goes to push the button—a loud horn blows through the canyon, echoing and honking continuously as entire group of people freeze and whip their heads around to see a vehicle rushing through the camp.

"What the—" Minho starts as he and the rest of the gladers furrow their eyebrows.

The truck knocks barrels and crates over as it runs through the camp till eventually colliding with a WCKD helicopter, making sparks fly as the metal collides with the spinning blades above.

"Look out!" Someone screams as sparks and debris off of the aircraft fly all over the place.

Thomas quickly grabs onto Blake's arm and hauls her down to the ground, covering her body with his as everyone screams and ducks away.

Gunshots and screams ring out as the teens and right arm start fighting back.

"Get her out of here!" Janson yells as he guides Ava back to the aircraft.

Blake blinks her eyes rapidly in disbelief as Thomas pulls the girl back up, steadying her on her feet as they start to back away.

"You good?" Minho shouts to the two before turning around to land a punch at a guard's mask.

Thomas and Blake spin around quickly when a buzzing of a loaded gun cocks, making the two widen their eyes in fear.

"Freeze! Drop it, kid!" A guard shouts, referring to the bomb still laid in the boy's hand.

"Like hell." Blake mutters as she connects her emerald orbs to Thomas'. As if the two silently communicated, Thomas nods to the girl as she slowly takes a step back.

Thomas lets his finger go, off of the button as chunks the bomb toward the guard—ducking and pushing Blake down as he yells "Get down!"

The girl flinches and covers her head as Thomas wraps an arm around her small frame. A loud boom cuts through the air as sparks and bright orange light glow from behind the two.