𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

𝙃𝙚'𝙨 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨

𝙂𝙧𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 as he drags Newt's limp body across the slick pavement with a mixture of muffled sirens blaring, explosions ringing out from the distance, and the whirling of helicopters, Thomas pauses as a voice echoes throughout the city's nigh...

𝙂𝙧𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 as he drags Newt's limp body across the slick pavement with a mixture of muffled sirens blaring, explosions ringing out from the distance, and the whirling of helicopters, Thomas pauses as a voice echoes throughout the city's night sky.

"Thomas?" Teresa pauses as she hovers over the microphone, glancing back towards the small brunette still frozen in shock.

Turning back to the microphone, Teresa continues trying to get the boy's attention. "Can you hear me?"

"I need you to listen to me. I know you have no reason to trust me—but I need you to come back." Teresa shuts her eyes tightly before speaking again.

"Thomas...you and Blake can save Newt." The girl whispers softly into the mic as she glances back to Blake again, letting her blue orbs soften as Blake's long lashes flutter with tears welling in her eyes.

Feeling the nerve wracking butterflies fluttering around in her stomach, Blake watches as Teresa spins back around. "There's still time for him. There's a reason Brenda isn't sick anymore." Teresa pauses once again. "It's yours and Blake's blood."

The small brunette's lashes continue fluttering as salty tears cascade down her flushed cheeks, feeling the ache in her chest.

"Do you understand? She isn't sick, because the two of you cured her." Teresa presses her lips together as she shakes her head.

"She doesn't have to be the only one. All you have to do is come back." The girl sighs, pausing for another dramatic second. "And this will all finally be over."

"Please." Teresa's voice cracks as she one again glances back to the small brunette behind her, feeling guilty of the sorrow and pain that she has caused the two. "Just come back. If not for anyone else, but for Blake. —She's here...with me."

"I know you know the right thing to do—" Teresa suddenly stops as the lights and the loud speaker cut off, making the two girl's hearts race.

"What the hell just happened?" Blake questions, fear making her voice waver as she adjusts her emeralds to the dim lighting.

"I-I don't know." Teresa stutters shaking her head. "They must've cut the power"

"No shit...but while we wait, could you be a good person for once in your traitorous life and get these things off of me?" Blake questions, clenching her teeth together as she tries to wiggle her wrists out of the restraints.

"I-I can't..." Teresa shakes her head. "You'll kill me."

Blake chuckles dryly as she raises an eyebrow. "With what?"

"Your hands?" Teresa deadpanned, furrowing her eyebrows as she presses her lips together, sitting back in her seat. "I'm not stupid, Blake. I heard you took down multiple guards almost everyday at the compound."

"And I wonder whose fault that is?" The small brunette intoned, glaring at the older girl feet away. "We made it to the right arm. We were safe." Blake grit her teeth together, feeling the anger rising inside of her small weakened body.

"But then you turned us in....became a traitor!" The small brunette yells, making Teresa flinch in her seat.

"Made a deal with our enemy—which you knew they would 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 keep." Blake shook as she continued yelling at the girl who now stood up, running a hand through her hair in stress.

"You are either incredibly stupid or incredibly naive....You are the reason I had to become that person." Blake lowered her voice. "I didn't have a choice. I tried 𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙍𝙔𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙉𝙂 I could to get out of that place." The small brunette scoffed as a stray tear escaped. "Janson tortured me for months...all because you had to find fucking cure."

Stopping her pacing, Teresa brushed the salty tears off of her reddened and damp cheeks. "I was doing what I thought was right."

"Well, you thought wrong." Blake shook her head, rolling her eyes. "He's not going to come back." The small brunette attempted. "He's not that stupid."

"Love makes us stupid." Teresa pressed her lips together and sat back down, continuing to wipe the tears away as she took in a deep breath. "He's not going anywhere without you, Blake." The girl's voice cracked as she shook her head. "He's in love with you."

"What are you talking about?" Blake questioned, shock making her body tense up as she gazed at the other girl across the room.

Teresa chuckles as she lets out a strangled sob, shaking her head once more. "You really can't see it, can you? I've been in love with him since we were young, I always thought that maybe one day we'd end up together..." The girl sniffled as she wiped another tear away. "I was so blinded that I didn't realize he was in love with someone else."

The small brunette's heart sped up as she let Teresa continue on. "I should've known. The two of you were inseparable—and still are. I know you can't remember anything from the past but...he's always been yours."

"The constant hovering over your shoulder when you were working, the way his eyes would look at you like you were his whole world—his jokes he would tell just to make you laugh, the times where you two would disappear to go have long talks on the roof..." Teresa whispered as she met Blake's softened gaze.

"I know you hate me with everything you have...and rightfully so, but he's always been in love with you, not me." Teresa sighed as she drew in a deep breath. "So I have no doubt in my mind that he won't come back for you."