Chapter 15

'The alleged mother is not excluded as the biological mother of  the tested siblings. Based on the testing results obtained from the analysis of the DNA loci listed, the probability of maternity is 99,9998% '

After reading the results, I felt tears rolling down my soft cheeks , "Poppy wasn't lying,she is my mother" I said not believing what I just read ." What's your next step?" Jasmine asked after a long pause.

"Meet Poppy " I said casually. "Then call her and ask to meet her today , tell her it's urgent" She said jumping off the bed. "After that, you can come down for breakfast, be snappy" she said rushing out of the room before I could even say something.

I picked up my phone and thought twice before dialling Poppy's cellphone number. It started ringing, "hello" she said immediately after receiving my call.

"Are you busy?" I asked her."A little but I do have a minute," she said casually. "The results are out" I informed her. " Oh so , what are they saying? " She asked mockingly. "Can we meet? " " Yes, we can.Where?"

"I'll send you location " I said. " Okay, can't wait to see you...Are you coming with your brother?"she asked quickly before ending the call. She doesn't even know about the results yet she can't wait to see me,- it's odd right?

"You still have to see the results first" I said coldly then I hang up and followed Jasmine downstairs to eat breakfast.

I sent Poppy a text telling her to meet me at Tortellino d'Oro restaurant at 13h00. Jasmine had made my favourite, the pancakes and cinnamon flavoured warm milk all for me. We are our breakfast in silence,after eating we washed the dishes still in silence.

After we finished I went upstairs to take a shower and get ready to go meet my "mother". I still find it odd to accept that Ivy is not my mother. I turned on the shower tap and applied shower gel over my body,then I sat down while warm water was running all over my body. I stayed in that position for like twenty to twenty five minutes. "Nick, you know it's rude to keep someone waiting right? It's already half past eleven and you know it's a long drive to Tortellino d'Oro restaurant" Jasmine scolded. "I'm almost done" I replied her then stood up from the floor. "You were supposed to be done fifteen minutes ago" she scolded once again. I wrapped my body with a towel and said," I'm done " then I dried my body then applied body moisturizer.

" Here,wear this" she said handing out  black pants and white top,then she tied my hair into two buns. She wore blue jeans and a black top with Converse shoes. " Let's go " I picked up the envelope and followed Jasmine out of the house.

Driving to Tortellino d'Oro restaurant was a long drive just like Jas had assumed, we arrived ten minutes before the agreed time.

"Let's order croissants coated with chocolate and jam, while we're still waiting for Poppy" I suggested. "Or maybe toasted mozzarella and cooked ham" she added.

"I'm craving for croissants, you can have mozzarella"I said then the waitress attended us, after a few minutes she brought our meals.

Within five minutes, an average looking lady came in , I waved to show her where we are. She about 169 centimetres, her heels added more height making her 174 centimetres, wearing a mustard coloured dress along with a white beach hat. She looked like she is in her early thirties. Wait, this woman looks familiar...yeah I know her,she works at the orphanage. How is this happening?

"Hello kids, I'm Ms Poppy Black. You must be Nicola?" She said sitting down across the table. "Yes , and this is my best friend,Jasmine" Jasmine just smiled at her .

"Here" I handed her the envelope to see the results with her own eyes.

"You thought I was lying, am I lying Nicola?" She asked in a mocking tone. "No ma'am, I just found it hard to believe that you are my mother" I said, then ... she smirked.

"See now it's 99,99% , where's your brother?" She asked looking around the restaurant. "Um...er...um..." "Nicola where is your brother?" She asked in a serious voice. Honestly I have no idea where is he. " He went abroad to study" I said , another lie -oh god-. "Oh, you will have to tell him to come home, mommy is back and she wants to see him too" she said , only if she knew that there's only ten percent chance that he is alive and we are not sure if he will ever come back or not , especially after Pearl's incident.

"I'll tell him later on when he calls" I said smiling slightly, "can you give me his phone number, maybe I can give him a call " she said. -Damn it's hard to fool this lady - "He doesn't like calls from strangers let's just wait for him to come back home".  "Excuse me, I need to use the restroom" Jasmine said standing up and heading towards the restrooms.

"I came with your father , can he come in" she asked, I nodded. She said "miss" earlier, could it be that she is not married and she is still dating my father?

She waved her hand signalling my dad to come, then ...  Jasmine's father? No it cannot be it. I froze, he froze... "Patrick,why are you standing there , come and greet your long lost daughter" he slowly approached us and sat near Poppy. "Hi, kid"his voice was trembling. "Do you guys know each other?" Poppy asked noticing the tension better us.

Of course we knew each other he is my best friend's father. How can Jasmine's dad be my father, I thought he loved his wife, Mariana.

"Yes, I know him" I said after a long pause. "Oh Nicola, this your father Patrick Moore. We are not married yet, but we are planning on getting married next month since we finally found our babies" she said , how could she say such things casually, this man is married for goodness' sake. Even worst he nodded in agreement," yes, we are getting mar..." He froze once again when he saw Jasmine approaching our table. "Dad, what are you doing here?" She asked

"Patrick you can continue" she said. He finally gathered his courage and said, "As I was saying, it's true she is not lying." " Dad, what's true? Nick what's going on here?" she asked looking at me for clues, anyway I was recording everything so even if he lied I'll still play for Jas to hear everything. " Jasmine, I'm going to marry this lady here, next month " how pathetic he just so freely in front of Jasmine . We both stood up and ran out of the restaurant crying.