Chapter 16

NICOLA'S POV

So Jasmine's father, all along he was staying with this shameless woman, he even left his family for her. The most confusing thing is that how on earth did Patrick Moore get to be my father, I share birth month with Jasmine and Kylie is two years older than Morgan.

So it means that they've been having an affair long before Poppy "my mother" gave birth to  Morgan, even worse they are planning to get married NEXT MONTH!

We caught a taxi back to the Moore's house. We were both crying histerically and we still haven't talked to each other ever since we got inside the car. Luckily, the taxi driver was a fast driver, we arrived within thirty minutes.

We walked inside the house like hungry zombies, we were drained from all the crying we did for thirty minutes. When we got inside the house we found mom scolding Kylie for being reckless and not caring about other people's emotional wellbeing.

We slowly sank on the couches and started crying AGAIN and even louder this time around. "Girls, what's wrong?" Jasmine's mom calmed down , finally stopping to scold Kylie.

"We just heard and saw something..." I manage to mutter this few words. "What's that, that is making you two to cry like this. Is it a car accident?" She asked sitting  between me and my best friend. We both looked at each other, then her . " Mom, I'm not sure if you would like to hear this." I said finally calming down.

" Of course, I want to hear it honey" she said and gave me a reassuring smile. I took out my phone and pressed the recording to play. We listened quietly until Jasmine's mom heard 'Nicola this is your father, Patrick Moore '

"That's my husband's name!" she said looking at me in disbelief. "And that's my husband's voice " she looked at each of us and asked, " What happened, be precise !"

Kylie had stopped faking sobs and pecked her ears so she can hear what's actually going on.

"In short, your husband is assumed to be my father and he is planning to marry my biological mother. She started trembling and sweating profusely and asked, " Who is she?" "Poppy = Poppy Black" I said unaware of their past.

She slowly sank on her floor and started sobbing quietly and murmured softly, "Even after so many years being faithful to him , he still ran after his high school mistress . We are not divorced yet , but already he is already planning to marry another woman..." She continued crying softly.

After five minutes, Jasmine's father or should I say my father entered house. Everything subsequently went quiet that you could even hear a needle hitting the floor . Walls pecked their ears , as if they knew it was about to go wild in here.

"Paulina"
" Is it true?" she asked calmly.
"Paulina, I can explain" he said taking two steps towards Jasmine's mother. " Don't come any closer, or I'll break your legs . After all this years, Patrick?" she said standing up and wiping away her tears.

"I was going to tell you, I just didn't know how to bring it up to you... It's true Paulinah , I want to make Poppy my second wife"he said trying to hold Paulina's hands .

"What? You must be kidding me, don't you think ruining our thirty-year friendship is enough? and now  you want her to be my sister-wife , have you been bewitched? Are you out of your mind?" She said throwing a glass on Patrick's knee. He groaned in pain, it serves him just right, how could he do this to Paulina .

"Paulina , can you please hear me out. Kylie what are you doing here? " he asked suddenly noticing Kylie's presence. "I did something terrible, so mother was scolding me, but I still don't regret doing what I did." She said sneering and flashing Jasmine a devilish smile. "Sister Kylie, you are no human . How can you say that to your little sister" I said feeling angry. "If I'm no human being, neither is she " she said pointing at Jasmine.

Jasmine was crying, then Kylie continued "Let me tell you brat , Chris never loved you , he is MINE" she said then scoffed. "Kylie, stop it!"  their shameless father finally said something. Then -phew ... BANG - !!! Kylie fell and her head started dripping blood. Jasmine has hit her with a flowers vase that was placed near the room divider.

"Jasmine, are you crazy?" her father asked her. " I might be crazy but I'm much better than you , this shameless old womanizer , you are no better than that shameless slut of yours. Leave me alone and save or kill that slut I don't care."

She ran out of the house crying. I followed her outside but the was no sign of her , so I called the ambulance to come and fetch Kylie before she dies . I want her to live, I want her to suffer the way Jasmine did.

Then I went back inside, after the ambulance took Kylie I was left with the two.

"You are the reason why my babies are like this , you were never there for them , 'as a father' " Jasmine's mother blamed Patrick. "You..." Before Patrick could finish his sentence they were disturbed by an uninvited guest, Poppy. What is she doing here?

"Hello, best friend" she smiled cynically at Paulina.
Jasmine's mom started crying again I don't blame her , seeing Poppy was like rubbing salt on a fresh wound . " You took my husband and tore my family apart, so now you're here to see me down ?" She said a whiskey bottle near Poppy, startling her .
"Of course, only a real friend is there on dark days right. So I'm here to laugh you until your dawn " she said laughing hysterically. Then she continued and said, "We both know that I fell with Patrick when we were still in grade seven , but unfortunately at that time he didn't notice me, because of you right? Then you got pregnant, he finally noticed me then I got pregnant in Grade nine , he came back to you again . Hahaha, you even took him back unaware that I was pregnant his baby boy. Unlucky me, he left me and engaged with you two months later which broke my heart" she said wiping tears on her cheeks.

"I got pregnant again two years later, he impregnated you too , that's when I lost him to your filthy claws and had to take my babies away." She started crying too.

I went outside, I needed some air there's too much tension in there I can't keep up.

I took a walk around the house, then I saw a figure hanging from a tree in Paulina's garden.

It's Jasmine..." Ahhhhhhhh" I screamed until my throat started itching.

"Nicola??" They all came running. "Look" I said pointing my hanging Jasmine. " Oh no , my dearest daughter!" Paulina started crying even louder and shouting at Heavens for taking her only innocent daughter, her last hope.

Patrick brought Jasmine's body down , she is already dead. My best friend is dead , then I hit my head hard.

***BLACKOUTS***

When I regained consciousness I was lying in bed, with machines beeping and Morgan standing next to me , I slightly smiled. "You finally woke up, I was worried about you. You were sleeping for the seven days now" he said hugging me.

"I missed you" I said. "I missed you too trouble" he said.

"When did you come back?" I asked him. " Immediately after I saw the News saying, Jasmine has committed suicide, Kylie her bigger sister died while she was eight months pregnant, the doctors only managed to save the baby's life. Then their mother was shot later that by Poppy Black, whom I recently found out that she is our mother. I also received a call informing that you've been lying in ICU for two days, so I had to come home " he patiently explained.

"I want apologize for everything I did,Nicola. I'm really sorry, envy got in my heart and I went blind." He said

"It's okay, anyway I might've also done something wrong to you." I said reaching out for his hand. "Pearl has been arrested and sentenced sixty-two years in prison " he said smiling.

"We won , and welcome back home sister " he said smiling.

-We still belong to the Smith family -

Thank you for reading