CHAPTER🦊12🐧

POV: SUNOO

Now it's been two days since I ended up in the school news, and I was relieved when the weekend arrived. But today, I had to face my classmates, I had a small hope that they had forgotten the news about me over the weekend.

When I got on the bus, I could already feel all eyes on me. Perhaps they hadn't forgotten after all, despite my hoodie, people could recognize me, and that worried me. Of course, my sister had paid attention to every detail. For those who didn't know my name, she had posted a picture of me. Why doesn't anyone wonder where she got this picture of me eating?

When I couldn't take it anymore after ten minutes on the bus, I got off and walked the rest of the way to school. I'm sure some fresh air would do me good before I had to face that hell called school. I was scared because I had no idea what awaited me. Maybe I'm overreacting, and people will just give me looks.

When I finally arrived at school, I took a deep breath and marched in, wishing myself luck.

As I walked through the halls, I could hear a few laughs, but thankfully, that was it. I took another deep breath before opening the door to my classroom. As expected, all eyes were on me, and I quickly took my seat to avoid the uncomfortable stares. Slowly, after a few minutes, the first classmates came over to my desk.

"Sunoo?, is it true?, The article had something positive we know your name now," said a girl, smiling. Was that meant to be a good thing?

"Don't pay attention to the comments. If it really bothers you, you can change in the sports locker room with us we've already arranged that among ourselves," said another girl with blonde, straight hair. I know they meant it in a good way but it was all quite uncomfortable.I felt slightly offended by the way they talked to me as if I were a special case. Still, I knew they meant it all in a good way, I could see it in their smiling eyes.

"No, it's okay," I said, feeling slightly embarrassed. I didn't want them to misunderstand me. When the girls left my table, during the beginning of the class, I just wanted to rest for a moment but When I opened my eyes again, there were two different milk drinks on my desk. At first, I wanted to ask who they belonged to, but I quickly found a note on two of them. Under the banana milkshake, it said in neatly scribbled writing,

"I hope the school article was a lie because my friend really has a crush on you."

Why would someone say that? I'm pretty sure almost nobody outside my class knew my face before the article. Well, whatever, maybe it's just another joke from someone. When I picked up the second milk drink and noticed the red color, I quickly realized it was strawberry flavored.

"Cute," just "Cute"? Why would someone say that? Is it me they're talking about? No, Sunoo, what are you thinking? Get back to reality something like this shouldn't lift you up to the clouds. I still don't even know if it's sincere. What I do know now, though, is that I really like strawberry milk the most.

As soon as it was break time, I rushed out of my classroom. The girls in my class were really nice and defended me against any weird comments, but I wanted to be alone. I needed to digest all these changes. So far, everything feels like a dream, with just one or two comments and glances, I'm doing quite well.

When I walked into the cafeteria, I unconsciously made eye contact with Jungwon, who immediately smiled and waved me over. I quickly broke eye contact and acted as if I hadn't seen him. At least, I didn't run into my sister. With this thought in mind, I walked briskly to order my food.

"A mozzarella sandwich with tomato salad and cucumbers, please,"

I said politely and was suddenly tapped on the back. No, Sunoo, don't turn around there's no one there ugh- you didn't feel anything. No, no one is breathing in your ear AND NO ONE is smacking their lips.

"Stop it!"

I shouted and turned angrily to a smiling Ni-ki. "Not you again," I said unintentionally. "What did I do to you?" Ni-ki said indignantly. What did he do? "You dragged me away from my coffee machine," I said, slightly annoyed. "Oh, that. Well, about that..." He slowly reached for my arm and looked slowly into my eyes. "Ni-ki, no..." I muttered.

Now I'm sitting at the same table in the same way as the first time he dragged me here. But this time, I didn't get my food also This time, we weren't six but seven at the table. That's right, Sunghoon was sitting here between Ni-ki and Jay but Sunghoon didn't really look good today.

Is he okay? Why did he look like that? Slowly, I felt worry in me rising. Does it have something to do with my sister? he was too pale and had dark circles under his eyes. Besides, he was just staring at his plate, which he hadn't touched in the ten minutes I've been sitting here.

But to be honest, I can understand him. What must he think of me? At first, I told him to do what he wants, then I begged him to come back to my sister, and now I tricked my sister into thinking he only wanted that for a day. There's also the matter of the news about me. I didn't know how widely it had spread, or if he knew about it.

After ten more minutes of trying to make eye contact with Sunghoon, I couldn't take the mood anymore and stood up. I grabbed Sunghoon and pulled him with me. I had gathered all my courage. But what surprised me was how easily he let me pull him.

When we were back in the school garden, I sat down on the ground. When he didn't sit down after several calls, I pulled him down in front of me. Once we were both sitting, I began to speak softly,

"Sunghoon?"

"Hmm?"

he hummed softly to himself. "Are you okay?" I asked with genuine concern he worried me a lot. "Yes," why was he lying? It was obvious he wasn't okay. Maybe he didn't want to share his problems with me.

"Sunghoon, I'm sorry about, you know, my sister. I should have told you," "Yes, you should have. You can't just end my relationship for me," "Ah, Have I- Have I made a mistake?" My heart truly couldn't handle any more guilt.

"You shouldn't end my relationship for me, just like how my business is none of yours, yours is none of mine. Simple,"

he's right I could have saved myself of all this drama if I had just let me exposed from Stacy from the very start. But the way he spoke to me was hurtful. Maybe he doesn't want anything to do with me anymore because of... because of the article? When I thought that, he spoke up,

"Sunoo, is it true what's in the school news?"

My last hope shattered. Maybe Sunghoon wasn't the person I hoped he would be. I wanted to tell him that it wasn't true and that he shouldn't believe it, but I couldn't. "Yes, I hope it doesn't affect our friendship," I said, my throat tightening. I really didn't want to break down in front of him.

"So, you have really a girlfriend?"

What?! Did he not read the article completely? "Sunghoon, the article says something completely different," I tried to explain. "Ah, no? Didn't a girl confess her love to you?" He really hadn't read it properly. This was my chance to prevent him from ever seeing it. "Yes, that's right. I turned her down. There's nothing more to it. Don't waste your time reading it." "Okay? yeah I should go," he said as he turned away.

I couldn't help it I had to call after him, "Sunghoon?!" "What is it?" he asked. "D-do you want to go to the playground again tonight? Don't get me wrong, I still owe you an apology. When he agreed I grinned slightly that time I still didn't know why I was so excited.

I'm sorry for not updating episodes for a long time I've just been very busy with school.
I hope you enjoyed chapter 12.
byee🐻‍❄️🤍