CHAPTER🦊16🐧

POV: SUNGHOON

As I walked quickly across the schoolyard on my way to school, suddenly Ni-ki came towards me. Huh, what was Ni-ki doing here? Shouldn't he be in class? I hadn't slept all night because I couldn't stop thinking about my conversation with Sunoo. That's why I only fell asleep in the early morning, and now I was half an hour late, so Ni-ki should already be in class.

"Sunghoon?!" Ni-ki yelled, out of breath. He stood there beside me, trying to catch his breath by bending over. What was going on? Why was he so out of breath this early in the morning? I waited for a few minutes, but since Ni-ki still didn't seem to be about to say anything, I continued walking toward the entrance and left Ni-ki standing there. Whatever he wanted to say he could wait until later. I was already late.

But before I could take a step, Ni-ki grabbed my arm and held me firmly. "Wait!" he said. "Ni-ki, come on, what's wrong with you today?" I asked. "Sunoo is in the Nurse Office he got hurt." Suddenly, I felt a surge of worry. I was scared. Was he okay? What had happened that made Sunoo end up in the Nurse's Office after just half an hour of school? And how did Ni-ki know about it?

"Is he okay?" That was the only thing I could say with my trembling voice, full of concern. "Yes, he's definitely doing better. He hurt his head and fainted But, Sunghoon, I didn't come here because of that."

What? He hurt his head so badly that he faint? How on earth did that happen? As I continued to question Ni-ki, I could see he was unsure whether he should tell me. I was getting impatient. I wanted to know what had happened. So, I raised my voice, saying, "Ni-ki, if you don't tell me right now, I'm going to lose it."

I could feel my face burning in anger as I spoke. Why should I stand here and listen to Ni-ki when I could be with Sunoo? "Sunghoon, the others didn't want me to tell you to avoid getting you involved, but Sunoo didn't hurt himself," Ni-ki said seriously.

What? Someone injured Sunoo? "Who?" "Sungh-," "Ni-ki, I asked, who was it?" I yelled. I had no idea what had happened here a few minutes ago, and it made me really angry, very angry. "Ugh, Jason and his friends. They do things like this for fun, but never to this extent. They pushed him down, then poured hot coffee on him and distributed these weird papers to everyone," Ni-ki said, handing me a piece of paper of Sunoo. Sunoo was in the picture, and i could feel his anger toward the person trough the image Sunoo looked really furious, and to be honest, it worried me.

The picture was taken from an angle that suggested Sunoo had slapped the person. However, that person was a girl, and much shorter. I quickly realized why they circulated such a picture. "Where are they now?" "Sunghoon, wait. Wouldn't you rather go to Sunoo? We should..." Ni-ki yelled after me, but my thoughts were already somewhere else as I headed into the building. I was sure they were hiding in the classroom. I would take care of them.

POV: SUNOO

I woke up after what felt like years in the seemingly endless darkness, but I was anything but gently awakened. An annoying, loud clicking noise repeatedly pierced my ears, driving me crazy. After a while, I mustered all my energy, opened my eyes, and searched for the source of my headache.

My eyes searched the room quickly to find the cause of this noise, and I found it. "Stacy?" It was Stacy. After a few minutes, I noticed that I was in the school's nurse office, which wasn't particularly shocking. But what shocked me was that Stacy was sitting next to my hospital bed, and the clicking noise was generated by her long nails tipping on the screen.

"Are you feeling better?" Stacy asked with a sarcastic tone. Quickly, I understood the situation I was in and, more importantly, why i was here. "Why are you even here? This is all your fault!" I shouted in frustration. By now, I was sitting up in bed and wanted to know why she was here. "What does this have to do with me? I'm here to check on you," Stacy said in a now annoyed tone.

"How am I doing? You knew what would happen as soon as you posted my face everywhere," I continued. "How was I supposed to know that his brother was here at the school?" Stacy defended herself.

"Stacy!" I shouted and wondered if she was making fun of me. She knew what would happen if she displayed my face everywhere. There was only a slim chance that anyone would recognize me, but it was still there, and she still revealed my secret with a picture of me attached.

I gathered my courage and began speaking sternly to her, "Look at me. If you want to talk to me, do it properly or not at all. I don't want to hear your stupid lies. You know everything about this school."

"I can forget things too, okay? Besides, I'm here now to check on you. You should be more grateful," Stacy replied. "Wait... Stacy, did you know what they were planning to do to me?"

It became quiet, too quiet. It was just a suspicion of mine since Stacy knew everything about every student in this school and thus knew about all the things happening or about to happen here, especially when something big was going on. So, if they were handing out notes, they needed permission from none other than my sister.

I still couldn't believe it. She would never allow such a thing. It's not like she had everyone under her control, did she? After a while of silence, Stacy stood up from her chair.

"I was angry, okay?" she confessed screaming. "Are you completely insane? You can't just allow strangers to beat me up, your own brother?, Am I really so worthless to you?" I said dissapointed,

"It wasn't supposed to involve any violence. I just thought they would expose you a little, and Sunghoon would distance himself from you," Stacy explained. "Sunghoon? What did Sunghoon have to do with this?

I understood nothing anymore. By now, I had risen from my bed and was experiencing a weird dizziness as numerous questions swirled around in my head, taking over my thoughts.

"I just got worried, okay? What would you think if your brother suddenly became friends with your boyfriend?" she asked. "What's the problem with that?" I asked. "You're gay, okay?" Stacy explained. "You think I'm stealing Sunghoon from you?"

"Any girl would think that if her gay brother suddenly becomes friends with her boyfriend overnight, Sunoo," Stacy yelled. She was angry. Very angry, so angry that she threw the flowers beside the table onto the ground in frustration. What was her problem? I should be the one getting angry, shouldn't I?

"First of all, Sunghoon is not your boyfriend he's your ex. And second, you've been ignoring me for years. But if it suits you, you suddenly call me 'brother?," "What do you mean by that? I did all of this just to protect you," Stacy yelled. The clinking of the vases containing the flowers still echoed in my head, causing me several headaches.

"Stacy, you were trying to protect me by ignoring me?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes, exactly?. Every time you get attention, it's negative. You always get bullied and find no friends, just enemies. If I ignore you, others will too. It's perfect for you. Imagine if others knew that you're my brother. Could you handle that much attention? I don't think so."

"Why do you make everything so complicated? You could have just told everyone to leave me alone. Tell me, what's the real reason you treat me this way, or you know what? Don't tell me you're just going to lie again anyway."

Slowly, I walked to the door. I just wanted to get out of this stuffy school. Everything was suffocating, robbing me of the air.

"How do you even talk to me like that? Who do you trust in that you can speak to me this way? Is it Sunghoon?" Stacy asked.

What she told me was too much for me and i opened the door and went out, but before closing it, I told her,

"No, I've just realized that it's useless if I try to fix our sibling relationship by myself."

I really felt like Stacy has a bigger problem with me than i thought. And what was her problem with Sunghoon? There was nothing wrong with us being friends, was there?

Heyy, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm sorry that I don't update much I've been quite busy lately, But i'll try to make more updates from now on until next time byee🙂💓