CHAPTER🦊27🐧

POV SUNOO

"Sunghoon I would like to tell you why Jason attacked me, after all..you deserve to know"

"No, Sunoo, it's fine really. I didn't defend you just to know what's behind all of this."
"And what if I want to tell you?" I asked him softly, glancing at my coffee to avoid any eye contact. Suddenly, I felt a cold hand on my warm one and looked up. Sunghoon gazed at me with an encouraging smile, motioning for me to speak. I swallowed hard. Was I truly ready to disclose my past?

I stared at him in disbelief. What on earth was going on? Why did he have my love letter in his hand? It shouldn't be a big deal after all, I had given it to him a few days ago. However, the odd part was that he stood right here in the middle of the school hallway, surrounded by a sea of students.

As I approached him, his face became clearer, his lips moving in sync with every single one of my words. It finally hit me he was reading my letter out loud. Why was he doing this? Didn't he want us to keep our relationship a secret?

A soft chuckle bubbled up within me. Could he no longer bear to keep our relationship a secret? I walked towards him with a broad grin, opening my arms, ready to hug him as a greeting.

However, I quickly dropped them when I noticed he was already embracing someone else . not me.
now that I was standing in front of him , I could see the petite girl nestled against his chest, standing on tiptoes to read the letter.

"what is going on here?" I asked, now confused. He smirked, "Oh, Sunoo babe, Sorry, my friends just wanted to know what this absurd thing says ."
I scoffed at his audacity as laughter erupted from the throng of students in the hallway. Who were they even to find amusement in my situation when I didn't even know them?

"Can you maybe explain what the hell is going on here?" I asked him again, Now a little angrierI really didn't know what this was all about and who this girl with heavy make-up in his arms was. "you of all people are asking me What the hell is going on here?" he said now with a hint of anger and shoved me to the ground.

I was frozen. Didn't we watch a movie together just on Saturday night? What could possibly happen in one day that he would behave like this now?

"You idiot, get it through your head.
I played with you. Who would have thought his best friend would fall for him? Not me," he said, gritting his teeth. "But you said you love me too?."

"I was just messing around to see if you're really seriously gay ," he continued, now loud and clear for everyone to hear. "And beside that, I have a girlfriend."

I wanted to be angry, I really did, but I couldn't believe all of this. I'm sure he's lying, or maybe this is just another one of his stupid jokes.

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop pranking me?"

I said, now hysterically laughing on the ground. I still hadn't gotten up partly because I held onto the hope that he would extend his hand any moment, and everything would go back to how it was. On the other hand, I knew my legs would give in if I tried to stand up now.

"A prank?, believe me. I was also hoping at the beginning that this was a prank," he said, gesturing disgusted towards my letter that I wrote with great effort. Did he mean all of this seriously?. But why then didn't he tell me before that he had a girlfriend?

It was always just me and him, even when we found new friends we always made sure to introduce each other to them , since we were children, not a day went by without him, so how could I not realize that he had a girlfriend ?, But the bigger question is when he told me he loved me, I didn't hear a hint of a lie in his words, which I would normally do if it were a lie.