CHAPTER🦊20🐧

POV: SUNOO

When my alarm went off, I woke up slowly. with my eyes slightly open I looked for my alarm, but I just couldn't find it. The annoying ringing tone was slowly driving me crazy, so I turned around on the other side of the bed to search for it. Suddenly, I got startled and screamed when I saw a hand beside my pillow. As the owner of that hand suddenly woke up and looked at me in shock, I remembered where I was. I had slept over at Sunghoon's place last night, something I had completely forgotten, as his bed was just as comfortable as mine.

"Sunoo, what's wrong? Are you okay? Did you had a nightmare?" Sunghoon asked, concerned.

"I'm fine, you just scared me," I replied. At that moment, Sunghoon gave me an annoyed look. "How do you have the strength to scream like a dolphin in the morning already?" he asked, covering his ears. "Oh, come on, don't be dramatic," I said as I got out of bed and turned to Sunghoon. "Come on, get dressed we need to go to school." ,"Are we going together?"

"Only if you hurry," I said sternly. Suddenly he jumped out of his bed full of etuiastic and dashed into the bathroom....This was going to be exhausting.

"Sunghoon, thanks again for you know, last night.",

"You don't need to thank me, Sunoo. I just want to make sure you're okay."

Now we stood in front of the school gate, where the entire schoolyard was located. I felt a deep fear as I remembered what happened yesterday. I didn't know how my schoolmates would treat me now or if 'they' would approach me again.
I was filled with endless fear and stood there, unable to take a single step and my heart raced full with anxiety,

Suddenly, I felt warm fingers around my hand. When I looked down, I saw that Sunghoon was holding my hand. I looked at him, and he just smiled and winked at me encouragingly. Why was my heart racing even faster despite feeling less fear with him?

"Sunoo, don't be afraid. With me by your side, no one can harm you. I promise i will always be with you ," Sunghoon reassured.

"Don't promise so easily," I said. I wasn't sure if he could keep his promise. I still didn't know how much Sunghoon knew, and that worried me. Perhaps he knew what had happened, but did he know why?

I was so relieved that Sunghoon had misunderstood the article about me, but I was slowly feeling the need to tell him the truth. He had always been kind to me, and I didn't want to hide something from him that even strangers knew about me. What would I do if he found out from someone else? He would be so angry.

"Sunghoon, before we go in, there's something I need to tell you," I whispered softly, squeezing his hand tightly. I was afraid he would treat me differently like the others. But a part of me knew I could trust him.
"What is it?" Now that he looked at me with a curiously smile , I suddenly lost all my remaining self confidence. I just wanted to see his smile forever and didn't want to risk anything.

"Noth-" I was about to tell him it wasn't important anymore when it hit me. Did his friends know? that was then Another reason to tell him. "Sunghoon, do you remember the school article? The one about me?"
"Yes, what about it?","Did you- Did you read it again?","You told me not to, so I didn't. Why, is there something mean about you in it?"

I should tell him right? that I've been bullied my whole life for liking boys "Sunghoon i-"

"Sunghoon, the principal is calling you! Come quickly!" Jake, out of breath from running, yelled, and they both ran off after they said goodbye to me. Was this a sign? Maybe I shouldn't tell him? Maybe it wasn't that important?

I slowly made my way to my classroom, wondering why the principal had called Sunghoon. I was so lost in thought that I completely forgot about what had happened yesterday and sat down at my desk. As soon as I did, a crowd formed around me, and many unfamiliar faces were in it. I was surprised when they asked how I was doing. Hadn't they seen the papers yesterday? Weren't they angry?

"You're not angry with me?" I asked, bewildered.

"How could we be? Even if we were, we couldn't show it otherwise-" Suddenly, another girl interrupted, speaking too fast. "To be honest, there are many who will distance themselves from you now but I think you should already be used to that, well But don't worry, nothing like yesterday will happen again.The ice prince has protected you."She said with a slightly envious tone while rolling her eyes in annoyance

Who? My what?! Who could that be? "I don't understand," I said, now quietly puzzled.

"since it was Jason and his friends who started it Some people think that they just want to portray you badly , and others are really angry that you hit an innocent girl. But as she said, don't worry about them.They been taken care of by your ice prince" Sena, a small girl with curly brown hair said she was our school's chief reporter, and when she spoke, it was always the truth it was her reputation to always tell the truth .

I looked down at my desk, waiting for them to leave, not wanting to hear any more about how bad i looked yesterday and how much better I was today. I wasn't better okay?. It wasn't that I still had extreme fear or pain it was just that everything was too overwhelming. My heart felt like it could give up from too many emotions at any moment.

When the school bell rang, I quickly packed my things and went to the cafeteria. When I looked around, I saw Jungwon and the others and hurried to their table. I wanted to ask where Sunghoon was I needed to talk to him. But I stopped in my tracks, as fear took hold of me again. I was scared of what tey thought of me now

Suddenly, jungwon made eye contact with me and he waved me over. I felt a sense of relief. Everything was the same

As I sat down "Hey, um, I wanted to ask where Sunghoon is," I said, feeling embarrassed.

"Ah, it's a long story," Jay replied.
As I looked around, I could see that something was definitely off.
"Sunoo, Sunghoon got suspended from school."
Niki said before he ate another spoonful of rice
"What do you mean? Why was he suspended, and why are you all sitting here so calmly?"I asked confused

"Sunoo, calm down first," Jake said. Suddenly, Heeseung started speaking, and all heads turned to him. "Sunoo, Sunghoon got suspended because of you, don't tell me you didn't already know that ," he said in a cold tone, his piercing eyes showing his anger.

Suddenly, someone slammed their hand on the table, and we saw Jungwon standing up, looking very angry. "It's not his fault it's our fault! We were called as witnesses, and despite Sunghoon saying he didn't break Felix's arm, we didn't believe him. I told you Sunghoon wouldn't lie, but you-"

I could feel the tension building as Heeseung refused to let Jungwon complete his sentence. I knew it was heading for a disaster if no one stopped them. "Jungwon, we all saw how Sunghoon had threatened them. How could we have been sure that it wasn't him?, If Jason hadn't laughed at us after the conversation, we might not have even noticed it."

Now Jay started shouting, "Can both of you stop shouting? Jungwon is right. It may be that we were wrong not to believe him, but jungwon it only got this far because Sunghoon went there for Sunoo!"

I just sat there, shocked, unable to say anything. Sunghoon was accused of breaking someone's arm, and his friends were eyewitnesses who confirmed it, even though Sunghoon claimed he didn't do it?

"Okay, and? The only reason Sunoo can walk around school normally now is because of Sunghoon. If he hadn't beaten those troublemakers and warned everyone, they would all be attacking Sunoo," Jungwon yelled back.

As Niki also started shouting, I realized they hadn't sat down to eat but to keep their anger in check, and to calm themselves. "Jungwon is right you all heard those girls in the hall today. They're just waiting for Sunghoon to be gone so they can go after Sunoo. In their eyes, he's now a boy who attackes weak girls out of jealousy ."

It really touched me that Niki and Jungwon were defending me. I had no idea that Sunghoon had done something like this for me. Once again, that queasy feeling in my stomach returned. I got up to speak and wanted to say something, but the discussion resumed, and I quickly felt out of place.

"Our problem here isn't what Sunghoon did or why he did it. It's Jason. We should think about what to do with him he completely tricked us," Jake said.

"Guys, I'm sorry it's all because of me. I... I'll fix this," I said. I felt really bad they had done so much for me. At the very least, I wanted to help Sunghoon to get back to school now

Ahhh I'm not satisfied with this chapter, but I just don't know why Anyway, I hope you like it😭