October 3, 2023 | Sneak

Day 3, Sneak

No Au! This is just RQ at its whole. This takes place during the time Sabre, Dark, and Time live together! I'd say this is after the fight with Void and Sabre is still recovering from his injuries.

Anyways-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sabre

It was a little past ten. I couldn't sleep though, even in this comfortable bed I was laying on. Even as i my body still aches from the injuries I was still recovering from.

This was too important to sleep over.

I got out of bed quietly, making sure not to make a sound. I get on my tippy toes and tread lightly as I made my way to the door of my room. I grab the knob of the door and open the door slowly. Pausing every-time it made a creak.

I don't close the door as I slowly leave the room. My room was the farthest from the stairs and I had to pass everyones bedrooms. I snuck though the hallway making sure not to make a sound. Pats Dark Steve room was easy. He was a sound sleeper.

Time on the other hand- he's the on I am trying to avoid. I took an entire minute to walk past his door. Once I did I new my victory was close, I just had to get down... the dreaded stairs.

I took one step after another making sure not to creak the steps, one creak, one sound could ruin this moment for me entirely. I was three steps away to the main floor.

One... Silence.

Two... Silence.

Three-

A heart renching creak filled the air and I froze under the spotlight of my sound. I shut my eyes closed and counted the seconds in my head as they slowly passed. I waited and waited.

But nobody came.

With that relief in and out of my body I went through the rest of the house just as cautiously and made my way to my prize! The kitchen!

This kitchen is mostly used by Time, but I use it myself. It was perfectly cleaned and organized with even a list of supplies we were running low on on top of a counter. I reached up the highest part of the kitchen and opened the door to see.

Time's less than a day old cookies!

He made them less than an hour ago, but he said I couldn't have any until morning. He said it would keep me up and I wouldn't be getting the rest I needed.

But the thought of not having these freshly made cookies did as much damage as having one would of.

I grabbed the jar and smiled knowing that victory and sweetness unlike anything I have ever had was at my finger tips. I held the jar in my hands and opened the jar-

"Sabre, what did I say?" A stern voice rang through the silence as I almost dropped the jar on the floor. I looked over and saw Time. Even with his clock mask on I could tell. He was not happy.

"IM NOT GOING BACK TO BED!" I yelled in a panic and ran out of the kitchen with my hard earned prize. My body ached as I ran, but I didn't care, I can't have milk and cookies but I will have these cookies if it's the last thing I do!

Time started chasing me around the house yelling at me to give him back the cookies. I ran up the stairs and saw Dark half awake rubbing his eyes.

"What's going on?... I'm trying to- SABRE-" Dark starts yelling in confusion as I ran right past him.

"Dark stop him! He's trying to steal my cookies!" Time yells at Dark. I made it to the end of the hallway with no where else to run. Expect-

The window.

Without a second thought I jumped out the window and landed on the ground with a lid thud on my back. I groaned in pain as a sharp pain over me.

"SABRE WHY DID YOU-" I didn't get to hear the rest and I got up and ran to the dock near the house and hid under it where the sand and water met. I made sure not to get myself wet while I sat down.

I heard the shuffle of Dark and Time around me as I opened the jar fully this time and grabbed a cookie. I was about to eat it when I heard the two of them talking to each other.

"Sabre!- ah... I need to make sure he is okay, that fall could of opened up one of this wounds and-" Time started to ramble and I could hear Dark comfort him.

"Hey, if he ran off he is probably okay, he is just hiding and eating all the cookies in the jar." Dark calms him down, but it doesn't help much.

"Look! I just... want to make sure he heals. I mean you saw the state he was in. He could barely stand and was losing so much blood... I... I didn't know something could lose that much blood... be that hurt... and still fight." Time's voice changed. I put the cookie I had in hand back it it the jar. I closed the jar.

"He has always healed up fine though, he'll be fine in a few days right?" Dark asks him.

"No! He won't. Yea, he acts like it... but I have seen him... it takes him a lot longer to heal then us... it seems like everysteve keeps forgetting that Sabre isn't a Steve. He needs more sleep and rest to heal, he needs to eat better and needs a lot more than us... but everyone keeps treating him like a steve. At least the other kingdoms do. I just... want to actually help him heal." Time continued after pausing for a second. "He listens to our needs, understands us much more then we ever had understood him... we should also take the time to understand him too. To let him heal the way he needs to, like he lets us." Time finished explaining.

I placed a hand on my chest and sighed. He was right... but knowing that even one Steve wanted to truely understand me was... something I needed. I got out of hiding spot.

"Thanks Time." I tell him. Dark jumps a bit.

"Sabre!?! How long were you-" Dark starts off.

"Long enough, thank you Time... really. You are the first Steve to ever think of me like that... I appreciate it." I went up to Time and gave him a hug. He hugs me back. Then takes the cookies out of my hand. I pouted at him.

"Let's at least have cookies and milk with this, after that straight to bed Sabre." Time takes all of us inside.

"Alright, I'll sleep in too if you like." I tell him.

"Please sleep in Sabre... you need it right?" He asked. I nod.

"Yea... I always have. Later we can go out for a bit if you want." I smile at Time as he grabs some milk and lays out two cookies for each of us.

"I have some things I need to get done. Sorry Sabre." Time apologizes to me.

"I will! It will be so much fun!" Dark smiles and eats his cookie.

"Yea... it will be." I look at my two dearest friends and smile. I know they will be here for me... and for the me that doesn't have to act like a Steve. I could just be... me around them.

I ate my cookies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Words 1272) :D