October 17, 2023 | Comfort

Day 17, Comfort

Continue off of Betrayal :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sabre

I didn't move at all, I just sat there waiting for my inevitable demise. After a while of sitting here a commotion came and Time calls out to the other Steves.

"I'll check out this energy alright? Everyone calm down." Time explains to them before I heard footsteps coming my way. I kept my face hidden. I soon heard Time right next to me.

"Sabre?... why is this energy coming from you? You are worrying the others..." He explained. He sat down next to me.

"I... it's hard to explain..." I stumbled with my words trying to figure out where to start. My body felt numb to all of this... it's just... inevitable now.

"I can listen..." Time wraps his arms around me and pulls me close to him. I was confused at first but laid on him. Pulling my head away from my knees I looked up at Time my eyes glow reflected off his clock face. Time looks at me in shock.

"I... I don't know what the eyes mean but... I think they are really cool... but why take your blindfold off?" He asked me.

"Some steves took it off of me... it hides my energy..." I muttered still nervous, even as Time rubbed my back.

"I will find those... steves... later. This energy is yours? It's powerful... can you not use your abilities?" He asks me. I shook my head. I rather be honest.

"Well... I can it's jsut draining for me to use them and I worry what others will think... I can do so much and so little at the same time..." I explained to him. He just hugs me tighter and I hugged him back.

"Okay, let's get that blindfold back, afterward we can talk more about this. Alright?" He suggests.

"What will the others think though... of all of this..."

"I'm sure they will understand if they were kind to us at our worst. I am sure they will still be kind even if they see a bit more of who you truly are." Time smiles to me. I managed a small smile back. He helps me onto my feet and keeps an arm wrapped around me as I went to the large group of steves who would see... the real me.

Instead of what I expected... I got the unexpected. So many of them were curious want wanted to know more about me and why my eyes are like this. Some even said they looked cool. This joyfully curiosity turned into anger soon after though, specifically at the steves who took my blindfold. I explained what they look like a small group of especially angry Steves went to "talk to them."

Time held me close the entire time until I was able to go home and rest with him. The rest I am sure will be okay... I hope so at least.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Words 490)