October 8, 2023 | Fuse

Day 8, Fuse

Only thing I could think of is fire- for some reason- like blowing off the fuse of a bomb or something. Also a mental fuse.

So let's do a Elemental scene now shall we?

No Au, Just Rainbow Quest. During the Rainbow Kingdom arch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Elemental

I followed Time around the busy streets. I didn't like being here... but he did and right now that's what matters. After Sabre fell to the darkness he... he hasn't been the same since. He's been more quiet and shut out. It just isn't like him. When he said he wanted to visit this place I let him...

Maybe he will start acting more like himself again.

He was looking at all the stands with a childlike wonder. He was studying the architecture of the buildings around us and talking to all the new Steve's he has yet to meet. He seemed happy again which brought a smile to my face.

He even bought a few things with the money he had which I didn't mind. We usually don't need to get many supplies rather than animal based products since anything plant based I can grow for us.

While walking past these streets we saw a few posters warning others of the darkness and it's spread. Explains how when someone is lost they will never come back. The realtiy of the situation at hand. Time stopped at one of the posters and read it before a sad look came over his face.

"I still believe he will come back to us." He mutters.

"If you believe Sabre will come back, then yes he will." I comfort my brother and rest my hand on his shoulder. Saying his name quickly became a mistake.

"Sabre?! Why should he come back! He had turned so many people into the darkness!" A Steve glared af me and Time. A yellow Steve.

"Yes I know... but I can't help but hope he will come back. He was a good friend to-"

"Good friend?! Ha! I mean yea maybe to you but looked what happened to our hero." Yellow Steve reminded Time. Time flinched a bit.

"He is, and if can return that means the others can as well. Is that so bad to hope for?"

"If anyone all the steves who have fallen to the darkness will come back. The only time that monster will be free is when we put him in the ground." Yellow Steve snapped. I pulled my brother away and anger slowly boiled in my skin. I swear if he says one more thing to my brother.

He didn't say anything at all though. Instead I heard Time sniffle a bit. I looked at him and he was crying...

This Steve is going to pay.

"How about you mind your own business." I looked down at him with a glare. I think he realized he snapped my fuse. He took a step back.

"Maybe you should be more considerate to other steves around you plant steve." He begins a walking away, but I didn't let him. Instead I grabbed him and slammed him against a post.

"I am not plant Steve. My name is Elemental Steve and if you ever talk to my brother again I promise you know exactly what it feels like to be a little leaf in a forest fire." I snapped at him and summoned flames in my hand. I slowly moved my hand closer to his face as he squirmed away from the flames. The only thing that stopped me was Time as he pulled me away.

"Let's go home... I don't want you to get in trouble..." Time mutters to me quietly as he pulls me away. I followed my brother but kept staring down that Steve until he eventually teleported us back home.

No one talks to my bother like that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Words 646) hehe! Overprotective brother!