October 11, 2023 | Lull

Day 11, Lull

One- first through that said Null- two- I had to look it up- three-

I am conflicted between Angst and Fluff so- let's see what happens!

This is headcannons for RQ aftermath! Insomaic Light! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Light

Sleep... I fight it every night. It's the hardest thing for me to do now... I struggled to sleep since that day and I fought to get rest with each passing day... I usually tend to pass out at random when I work with the colorless guard.

Laying in bed in the silence of my room. I looked out the window to see the stars of the night. It was so peaceful but... I just couldn't get to sleep. I'm worried of the nightmares that haunt me and the fact my mind couldn't settle.

Am I doing enough for them? So many people I know have sacrificed everything for the peace all of have now... I always plan for tomorrow, things I need to get done... sleep even feels.... Worthless at times even though I need sleep. The others did so much and they couldn't even sleep. They got to rest after they were... gone.

I took a deep breath trying to relax. I need to sleep. I need to sleep... I just... need to remember that's this is what they wanted... for everyone to be happy. They wanted me to be happy.

I started to sing to myself.

I know it silly... but sometimes it helps me sleep. It was a song Sabre taught me in his old language and it was such a calming song. He sang it to me when I was Shy Orange Steve and to this day... it's the most special thing I have of him.

I sang this simple calming song to myself knowing that it might possibly help me get to sleep. I though of my friends.... The ones I may never see until I go to the world beyond and one friend... I will never see again.

Through the song and few tears I shed... I finally slept with the comfort of my friends song.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Words 354)