October 31, 2023 | Close

Day 31, Close

Last prompt... but that's okay! I rather see finish this up and put it to a close. Close or close... hmmm.... There is Close like closing a door or ending something... or Close as in holding someone tight.

Why not both?

RQ aftermath. M when he first wakes up after the curse effect. Cause he technically never got to say goodbye to Sabre.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
M

I closed the door behind me and hid from everyone around me... I... I didn't know what else to do... I'm not the leader?! Sabre is gone... Red Leader is gone... the person who taught me everything old and the one who taught me everything new... Just gone...

I looked around the Red Leader's house and ran to his room. I went up there and locked the room behind me... I don't want to talk to anyone and I don't want anyone talking to me... I just wanted to be... alone.

I looked at the Red Leader's bed that was not covered in dust. I ignored the piling dust and just sat on the bed. I thought of everything that just happened... everything that was now gone...

I remember the Red Leader taking in me here once after I got sick in the rain... Strict he was but... He made me tea and comforted me until I got better. He always cared for me...  He taught me so many things...

Then Sabre he showed me something new and different. He told me his language and the traditions from his world. He taught me what he knew of the Steves now and what they have gone through... he gave me strength to explore and try new thing.

No wonder the two of them fought so often... they were both so similar and different at the same time.

I sat up on the bed and looked through my bag taking out two things. The first a red scarf. A gift the Red Leader made for me to keep me warm... his way of always being there for me... the other a pendent Sabre gave me. One of the colorless guard symbol and a blue and green earth symbol of himself.

I put the two pendents into the scarf and held it close to me. Remembering what these things meant to me. I didn't know how long I sat there... thinking of the good... the bad... everything that happened.

I put the scarf of and headed to the door. I opened it thinking of what I could do now... combined both what Sabre wanted for me and what the Red Leader wanted for the people...

I glanced back at the room I may never want to disturbed again and closed it behind me looking forward to the new opportunities given to me from both of there sacrifices.

I... I'll be okay.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Words 477)

Well, this was fun! I was behind for most of it but it was fun! Thank you for doing this Ranger! I can't wait to go back and read again on what everyone wrote! Because it's so cool to think of how with one word we all see different stories in our head that may reflect our emotions and lives!

See you in the next book everyone!

Which is actually very soon since I have been working on a new project I think many of you might be exited about especially those who want to see more of The Code Jumpers and Code Sabre!