October 7, 2023 | Mask

Day 7, Mask

I know exactly what I must do! My boi! My Time Steve!

This is taking place in my My Inner Code book! No spoilers for anything just kind of a one-shot I guess?

If you remember I said how in that book Time's mask helps him control his abilities! Let's see what happens when it's... taken away from him now shall we :)?

This takes place during the few days Sabre was resting after the attack of Darkness.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time

I couldn't tell if this was a funny joke or not, I mean why would someone take it?! Who would take it?! I need to get my make back as soon as possible.

I was just taking a nap... why did I take a nap. If I just didn't take a nap maybe I would still have my mask. Walking around without it on was... violating to me... like I was being revealed to the world without permission. First I went to make sure it wasn't misplaced.

I fell asleep on the couch so I looked around the living room and entrance first. I looked under the couches and behind the table stands around the couches. I went to the kitchen and looked through the cabinets and storage, still nothing...

Maybe Sabre was being nice and put it in my room? No that isn't like him... but I should still check. I went upstairs and checked my room, nothing. I then checked his room. Sabre was asleep and rightfully so, but I couldn't find my mask in there either.

A sense of panic came over me. It isn't in the house, someone must of taken it. I fidgeted with my cloak knowing fully well I had to get out of the house to look for it... but that means everyone is going to see my face.

I spark of energy went through my finger tips. I froze hoping for it to settle and do nothing, thankfully nothing came. I need to stay calm... if I don't stay calm my powers might burst and do something unexpected.

I left the house. I felt the warm sun of my face... it was a nice feeling. I was able to feel so much more with the mask off from my face. The gentle breeze was nice and helped me relax. I went to looking for my clock mask.

I wandered around asking Steves around if they have seen my mask at all. With each Steve I asked I got some weird looks and no's. It felt like I was looking through the entire town for it, but I got no answers and my anxiety was slowly rising.

Another wave of energy came over me, but this time I couldn't hold it back as time froze around me. I looked around at all the frozen Steves. Moments frozen in place as I wandered around. I was able to look around with any weird looks again. I soon reached a small area where I saw Rainbow talking with my brother Elemental. At that moment my brother looked angry about something while Rainbow looked apologetic.

Rainbow was holding my mask.

Without hesitation I grabbed it and looked over it to check if there were any scratches on the glass or any damage.... Only to find it was perfect clean. There were scratches from long ago that were now cleaned over. Rainbow... did he fix my mask and clean it for me? No time to think about it.

I put my mask back over my face and felt a sense of control around me. I unfroze everything around me and let out a sigh of relief. Nothing to disastrous this time, but definitely draining.

"need to give that that back to him Rainbow- Brother?" Elemental continued from his frozen state and looks at me.

"I just got here, and took my mask back." I look at Rainbow who seemed to be close to tears.

"I am so sorry I just wanted to clean it up for you, I had no idea it was that important..." Rainbow apologizes to me.

"It's alright, thank you for cleaning it just ask me next time." I smile to him.

"Right- so I ask future you then?" Rainbow joked.

"Yes, you ask future me." I relaxed a bit and so did Elemental. Nothing bad happened and nothing will.

As long as I keep the mask on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Words 738) :D