October 9, 2023 | Betrayal

Day 9, Betrayal

Heheheehheeheehehehh :)

Rainbow Quest Code Au

Take place after the darkness arch and before first curse arch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sabre

I was walking around the small village me and Time live in. I was grabbing some groceries for each other. He mostly need mroe supplies for cooking and had a- very long list of things for me to grab. I was definitely going to have to stop at the house once or twice.

I was looking for the list and looking down at my basket that held the groceries I already collected. I wasn't even a third though the list. I sighed from annoyance and kept shopping going through item and items. Soon my basket was completely full and I started heading back to the house.

"Sabre! Do you need some help with that?" A Violet Steve came up to me, I didn't recognize them. They must be from outside of the village.

"Oh that would be great this basket it getting a bit heavy." I admitted to them. They took the basket from me. I began to lead the way to my house. They seem really nice which is a relief. Most steves outside of the village aren't exactly the nicest to me. It's gotten to a point I don't leave the village alone.

"So you live in that house near the lake?" Violet Steve asks.

"Yea, the village leaders were nice enough to give me and Time a home here. I still need to think of a way to make it up to them." It means a lot to know that I haven't been outcasted by everyone because of the darkness... It's always been a fear of mine that no one will accept me because of the darkness and what I am... well what I am hidden behind this single piece of fabric around me eyes.

"I think I may know something that will help make it up to them!" The Violet Steve suggests. I stopped walking and looked at them.

"Well um what's the idea? I would love to hear!" I smile to them. I suddenly felt... odd. Like someone was behind me. I turned around and saw a Yellow Steve who was trying to grab me. I moved to the side quickly.

"You get out of the home of the Steve's and back to whatever world you came from." The Violet Steve's happy tone quickly disappeared as he realized I avoid the Yellow Steve. They both then went after me and grabbed me. I kicked them but they dragged me away into a small space between two houses. No one seem to notice what was going on. The Yellow Steve grabs me and pins me against the wall. The Violet Steve looked down at me.

"We are supposed to love all steves... but you are no Steve." He hissed at and got down to my level. He reached his hand close to my face. I pulled my head back slightly.

"I am trying to help, I swear I am!" I explained to him. I want to help these steves truly I do... I want to save them from the same fate my kind has meet. It's... something I have to do as Leader of the Code Jumpers... I just know it.

"And you are the reason so many of us are dead. My brother is dead because of you and Rainbow... This is how I am going to finally feel at peace and let my brother rest in the spirit world." He grabs my blindfold and yanks it off my head. "And I want to see the look in your eyes when I-"

He froze.

The Yellow Steve froze.

I froze.

My eyes green glow reflected through the glow of the Violet Steve's eyes. His jaw drops and he slowly steps back from me. The Yellow Steve quickly let go of me. I couldn't bring myself to move though. The high intensity of my energy was practically radiating off me like a beacon. My eyes reflected I was not what they thought I was.

I reached out suddenly to grab my blindfold to take to back but they quickly ran away from me. I got up to go after them, but stopped. If I went out there everyone would see my eyes. Anyone who knows what a Code Jumper is would see my face and...

I saw against one of the houses in this so called alley-way and cried hugging my legs and hid my face in my knees. I couldn't do anything... any second now other steves will come rushing in to see what the energy vid coming from and will see it's me... they will know I have had abilities and...

Betrayed them for not using them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Words 796) :D