CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

Karyn.
The room is softly illuminated by the sunlight and I'm woken up by the sound of the alarm clock. I get out of bed, brushing my hair out of my face, with a yawn. I head to the bathroom, where I have a quick shower, brush my teeth, and towel dry my hair. Done, I slip on my uniform, which I grab out of the organized closet. I pack my hair into a ponytail, rolling the hair into a messy bun and holding it with a silver pin, that I had purchased in Firstworld.
I apply my usual light makeup, adding concealer to cover the slightly dark circles under my tired looking eyes. I grab my backpack, placing my books into it just as a knock startles me and I drop my history textbook. I ask who's at the door loudly and when Maisey calls out, I ask her to come in, picking the book from the floor and placing it in my backpack. She walks in and I turn to face her, placing my bag onto my knee and zipping it.
"Hey, Kari. Good morning." She calls out in a singsong voice and I smile at her.
"Good morning, Mais. Sleep well?" I reply, throwing my backpack over my shoulder.
"Yup." She replies, popping the 'p'.

We both make our way out of the room, and I take a look at myself in the mirror, as we walk out. I lock the door and we walk down the hallway.
"Daphne had something to do, so I decided to come walk you down. Let's hurry, breakfast time has already started." Maisey states and I nod in agreement. Once it is a specific time, food is no longer released from the kitchens during the week.
We get to the cafeteria and an eerie silence washes over the large space; the students turning to look at me, inquiringly. Murmurs commence immediately, the students talking in hushed tones. I tug on my backpack straps, biting my bottom lip nervously, settling into the nearest empty table.
I place my order; steak, warm bread with a salad dressing. I also order a cup of coffee to go with it. Maisey makes her order too and we dig into her food. The murmurs continue and I roll my eyes, frustratedly and Maisey gives me an understanding smile.

Just then, Raph makes his way over to our table and I spot him from my peripheral vision biting back a groan. He slides into the chair, smiling at me and I force a smile in return.
"Um Karyn. Hi, um- I just wanted to apologize for my actions at Saturdays' party. I was really drunk. I hope you didn't try to run away, because of me." He says, and both my eyebrows shoot up. Way up.
"What do you mean run away?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at him. He gulps, visibly, an uncertain look on his face.
"Wait, didn't you try to run away from the academy? That's why the accademy was placed on lockdown. Wasn't it?" He adds the last part, uncertainly and I groan, smacking my forehead with my palm
"Where the hell did you get that information?" I ask, my head aching slightly, again. He shrugs, shaking his head from left to right.
"Um, I'm sorry, I thought -. Sorry, for, um bothering you guys." He says, standing up, and turning to leave. I follow him with my eyes, my vision falling on a slight smirk tilting the corners of Brittany's lips.

I grit my teeth and wolf down my delicious breakfast, and as soon as both Maisey and I are done, we stand, making our way out of the cafeteria, the hushed voices hot on our tail. Honestly, one would think that some people are bigger than some acts, but of course they just have to prove you wrong.
"I'm sorry, Kari." Maisey says as we walk against the traffic, heading for Lara's office. I shake my head at her,
"How is it your fault? Besides, I'm okay. Just having a slight headache." I reply, truthfully and she squeezes my hand softly.
"You'll be fine, I'm sure." She remarks, and I nod, wincing when I do so. She gives me a sympathetic look, and I shrug, walking faster. As soon as I spot Lara's office, I increase my speed, knocking on the door once I'm standing before it.
"Come in." Lara calls out from inside and I open the door and walk in, Maisey following behind me. Daphne, the Avalon four and Seb are in the office. Despite how large, Lara's office is, it still seems crowded with the four guys in here. As soon as I walk past Arem and Asher who are seated closest to the door, my hair seems to float upwards staying suspended mid-air, my amulet glows a deep red and suddenly the whole room seems too bright, my blood feels like molten lava. I can literally feel it, rushing through my veins.
. Who switched on the damn lights? .