𝓒𝓗𝓐𝓟𝓣𝓔𝓡 𝓣𝓗𝓘𝓡𝓣𝓨-𝓣𝓦𝓞.

𝗞𝗮𝗿𝘆𝗻.
I smoothen the skirt of the dress Jasper got me. He seems the most excited about this festival. I told myself earlier, that I convinced Arem to let us go because I wanted to make Jasper happy, but deep down I know that a very big of part of me wants to know more about this place, this world; that I am supposedly a part of.
The dress is beautiful, traditional in its rights but elegant. The bodice is tightly corseted with a V-shaped plunging neckline and tight off-shoulder straps. The skirt is a lacy, soft material that falls to my ankles in gentle waves with a thigh high slit. It has the slightest frills at the ankles that correspond with the ones at the neckline. The lace swishes and shifts at the slightest movement, designed to accentuate curves and provoke, yet demure and simple.

It is a deep violet colour at the top, diluting into a soft lavender colour at the bottom. I put my hair into twin braids that stop midway to reveal curls at the ends, my makeup light with my eyes smoky. Pleased with my reflection in the mirror, I turn around on my heels heading downstairs somewhat anxiously. When I descend the stairs, the guys are engaged in a heated conversation that ease when they sense my presence.
"Damn five, you sure clean up nice." Jasper teases and I smirk at him, rolling my eyes. Calen smiles at me, extending a hand which he places to his lips, planting a soft kiss against my fingers.
"You look beautiful, Karyn. Violet becomes you." He drawls and I blush slightly, turning to Asher who grins at me.
"Well, we'll definitely blend in alright. You look amazing, Karyn. All that you need is this.." Saying this, he procures an onion purple coloured flower, slipping it behind my ear and into my hair.

Jasper has on a sleeveless coat in a deep burgundy colour, his shirt rolled up to his bicep, his leather pants are brown with brown boots that stop at his ankle. Asher's coat is black, sleeved with black pants and boots that reach above his ankle. Calen's clad in a brown leather jacket, an off white button-down shirt that have the top buttons open, leather form-fitting pants and ankle length boots.
Arem has on a black dress shirt and fitted black pants paired with black combat boots. Thrown carelessly against his shoulder is a black blazer and his black hair is in waves, his eyes warm as he gazes down at me.
"You're perfect." He whispers in my ear as we walk out and I flush. Seb's at the living area and he grins when he spots us. He walks forward, until he's in front of us.
"You look amazing, Karyn. Love the dress." He remarks.

"Thanks, Seb. Why aren't you coming with us?" I ask him, and he shrugs.
"You guys have fun. I have stuff I have to take care of. I'll be fine, you don't need to worry about me. Now shoo." He replies, and I roll my eyes at him, raising an eyebrow to which he simply grins, broadly.
Outside, I spot a car unlike anything I've ever seen. Sleek and low, the car is black with neon-ish lights. With glass doors and windows, the car is almost blinding as the rays of the sun bounce off its shiny surface. Arem places his hand against a pad at the driver's side and the door swing upwards.
My jaw drops.

"Ready to go?" He asks, smirking.
"Wha- This is so cool." I breathe out, and Jasper chuckles, leading me to the passenger's seat which swings upwards as well when he pulls on the handle. I slide into the smooth leather seats, breathing out as the engine purrs, bringing her to life. The dashboard leaves me gobsmacked.
It has no steering wheel, a slot for key and some sort of glass board with fancy buttons. Arem types in something on the board and the car jolts before it begins moving at remarkable but tolerable speed.

"This is so cool! Are all Avalon cars like this?" I ask, my eyes wide. Jasper, Asher and Calen lounge at the back seat that can comfortably seat four people.
"Cars are not common in Avalon. Our people mostly use beasts to travel. Animals like turbo birds are for royalty, horses, and most commonly car-pulling gazeri. Gazeri are like deer only more elegant and extremely fast. Some breeds have wings, but mostly the rich can afford them." Asher explains.
"It's like a medieval village. No wonder, the atmosphere is so tranquil, you guys don't have to worry about pollution. Well, with the exception of the cars." I reply and he shrugs.