CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE.

Karyn.
    The walk to the cafteria feels longer than usual since eyes follow me all the way. Maisey and I head for our usual table when we're ambushed midway by Calen. He turns to me, and I frown.
       "What's the matter?" I ask him.
       "You're seating with us." He says, and I raise my eyebrows.
       "What?"
       "You're-"
       "No." I reply, heading for my usual table.
        "Come on, five." He adds, holding my arm slightly.

     I wriggle out of his hold, and settle into the chair at my usual table. Maisey sits beside me, and we place our order just as Daphne joins us. She sits, removing her backpack and dumping it on the ground.
        "I'm starving." Daphne mutters, flicking her hair back as she begins to place her order. Just then, a loud commotion grows behind me, drawing our attention and we turn around. Marching towards us are three boys, holding their tray in hand. They sink into our chair and suddenly the usually spacious table seems small.

         "What are you guys doing here?" I ask, my voice coming out muffled since I stuffed my face with raspberry cake. Jasper makes a face as if he's gagging and can't get words out. I stick my tongue out at him, and he smirks. Calen arranges his food around as usual and places a few on my plate. I smile my thanks.
       "Whose idea was this?" I ask and Jasper shrugs.
       "You wouldn't come sit with us, so we came to you." He replies, and I spot the entire cafteria staring at us.
        "They've been staring at me since first period. Seriously what's their deal?" I ask, indicating the cafteria population staring at us.
       "Some people saw you walk in with Arem the day you just got back. So you're currently the hottest gossip topic." Daphne explains, biting into her cornbread.

        I groan, taking a huge bite of the chicken wings Calen dropped in my plate earlier. Jasper grins, sending his ribs into Asher's sauce. I shake my head at him.
      "That's not new. We Avalons are always the 'hottest' gossip topic." He remarks, emphasis on the 'hottest'.
             . We Avalons .
      Maisey notices my expression and gives me an understanding smile. I smile back, taking a sip of my orange juice and relaxing as Jasper animatedly describes my HOS class. I smile wider, as he makes a face that supposedly mirrored mine.

     The rest of the day is nothing but unusual. Asher shows up at my Elemental Magic. His huge form makes it hard to be ignored but surprisingly I don't mind the attention much anymore. He is helpful throughout the class, assisting Maisey and I with our exercises.

     Calen joins my Economics class. He munches on a doughnut helping me copy notes while I share his soda as the teacher drones on. I'm not trying to be rude or anything but I have covered the topic on earth, and I don't feel the need in reliving any memories.

     Herbology is a comedic show with Jasper. I swear, the guy is a clown. Two things; one is to never ever put mandrake juice in your mouth, even when dared by a particularly obnoxious cute guy. Two is, to not spit it out onto the person standing next to you, else you could earn yourself a rather harsh scolding from the teacher who actually considers you one of her best students.

           My practice with Seb has hardly began and I already find myself on the floor. He sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose.
       "You're not focused, Karyn." He remarks and I glare at him. School just closed and we're currently in the courtyard.
        "I don't think that's the problem, Seb. If I focus any harder, my brain's gonna implode." I retort, rubbing my behind that took the brunt of the fall.
        "Let's take a small break. While we wait, let's review the throry of unknowns again." He says, flicking his wrist to move the bench. We sit; I moan softly at the slight pain. He hands his 'book of all things' as I fondly call it, to me and I flip the pages till I get to a familiar one.

     I start with druits- tree creatures. They have an affinity for plants, can see memories linked to each tree, feel their pain. In their druit form, they have brown bark-like skin and plants for hair. They are usually peaceful creatures, but their anger is destructive. Like nature, sweet but deadly.
        When they die, they wither like plants turning into dust from where they were formed.
           . Woah, that was unexpected .