CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.

Karyn.
         "Their suits are enchanted!" Maisey exclaims with a tone of awe.
      The girls circle each other for barely a minute, and jump at the same time. The use of weapons is not allowed in this phase and the girls engage in hand to hand combat. Jessamine throws a punch and Aviva dodges, grabbing Jessamine's outstretched hand and pulling her forward to land a punch across her face.
         Jessamine staggers, falling backward a little but she catches herself and quickly too, barely dodging a punch from Aviva. She moves to the side, using Aviva's momentum against her and kicking her across her legs. Aviva falls and Jessamine advances towards her quickly, not willing to give her time to recover, but Aviva has tricks up her sleeve. She flicks her wrist again and sand whirls up, impairing Jessamine's vision. When the dust clears, Aviva's no where to be seen.

      Just then, Jessamine moves to the side and Aviva falls to the ground, gracefully executing a body roll, and crouching.
                   . Where did she come from? .
       "Shifters have a great sense of smell and hearing. Jessamine would have heard her coming a mile away." Daphne comments.
       Meanwhile the two exchange blows, Aviva sinks her fist into Jessamine's gut and she raises her knee up into her face. Aviva backs away, but she recovers quick following up with a punch aimed at Jessamine's face. Jessamine blocks her fist with her arm, smacking her in the face hard. In a quick move, Aviva links her hand through the arm which Jessamine blocked her punch with, pinning her arms behind her, raising her and slamming her to the ground. The crowd 'ooohhed' and Aviva looks up with a smirk.
            Jessamine rolls forward, crouching in a way similar to Aviva earlier, but she leaps from the position, rotating mid-air and giving Aviva an uppercut that sends her flying backward. Before she can hit the ground though, the sand seems to whirl upwards again, suspending her mid-air and lowering her to the ground gently. She rolls away in her time to avoid Jessamine's fist which slams into the ground.

         Jessamine stands, attempting to block her face from the sand which whirls upward from the ground with force and startling speed. While she's struggling against the sand, Aviva lands a hit across the back of her neck and she falls flat onto the ground. Aviva kicks her across her back, pulling her by the hair and slamming her knee across her face. Jessamine falls back to the ground.
      "How didn't she hear her coming?" I murmur worriedly as Jessamine blocks a flying kick from Aviva, only to get hit in the side. She strikes, but misses and Aviva knees her in the gut. Jessamine doubles over in pain.
       "I think Aviva's masking her scent." Daphne replies, and I inch closer in my seat. Jessamine pushes Aviva away with a sudden burst of strength, leaping and smacking Aviva hard in the face with a paw!

         Aviva falls to the ground, and a magnificent colourful striped huge cougar lands on the ground. I didn't even know cougars exist in such colours! Jessamine prowls, her eyes narrowed on Aviva. Aviva stands slowly; raising both her hands, her lips moving rapidly. She presses her palms together, thrusting it forward and releasing a bolt of lightning?!
       It cuts through the air at surprising speed, heading straight for Jessamine's chest, but she leaps out of the way. She roars and leaps gracefully, landing on Aviva hard. Aviva hits the ground, and her face contorts in pain. Jessamine places a paw against her throat, restricting her air flow. Aviva struggles but she's unable to shake off Jessamine's weight.
          Jessamine presses a paw against her hand, pressing it to the ground; I think in an attempt to prevent her from saying more spells, the other hand beneath her weight. At the same time, she increases the pressure on her windpipe. Avivaa's starting to look uncomfortable, but her trusty sand whirls again, swirling around and around, dust obscuring our vision. As the dust completely cover the both of them, I inch closer to the edge of my seat, holding my breath in anticipation.

        When the dust clears, Jessamine's standing, a few inches from an -unconscious Aviva!
     "There you have it, we have a clear winner! Jessamine Smith, everyone!" The same man from earlier, calls out in a loud voice. Like earlier in the auditorium, there's silence, before the crowd erupt in cheers, clapping and hooting. Jessamine's clutching her eyes tightly, but she lifts Aviva up, pulling her up and out of the dome, the crowd's cheers on her heels.
         Miss Zamora walks up to the stage with a slight smile,
      "Ze next phase of ze competition commences now. Please welcome, Blaze Ackerman and Arem Imperial!" She calls out. If the crowd erupted in cheers before, at the mention of Arem's name, a deafening noise reverberates around the Arena, as the students rise to their feet, yelling. The area beneath the dome changes, the sand replaced by jagged stones and rocks.
         Blaze Ackerman is a sturdy, tall and fit guy. He has a square jaw, well defined muscles straining against a body suit similar to the ones worn by the females earlier. His is lined with pink and in his hand is a hammer. An intricate metal hammer similar to that of the fictional character, Thorz with a long metal handle.