Chapter two:Pathetic

"Hell with you, seems like heaven to me"

Arabella Karve
"You're pathetic." Are the first words that darkly ring out across the alley, Eros's strong Italian accent showing no sign of remorse or kindness. Some fucking bodyguard he is.

His penetrating eyes carefully look over me, over the blood covering my clothes and the bruises coating my skin. He scoffs, disgust and judgment dripping from the heartless noise.

I feel hopeless. No matter what I do I won't ever escape this life. I will always be found and always be dragged back. I didn't even make it for more than two hours with, "freedom". Two. Fucking. Hours.

He's right, I am pathetic.

His eyes stare directly at me, trained on every detail of me as if he can see something I can't. My breath comes out as shaky gasps as he takes a slow step closer, under the flickering light, perfectly displaying his dark and sickeningly glorious features.

His dark hair looks like the color of an endless night sky, hanging perfectly over his forehead as he slightly clenches his jaw, showing off the complete and utter flawlessness of the defined structure.

Everything in me tells me to run as he watches me like a predator would watch its prey. Waiting for me to make a move, daring me to make a move. My pulse quickens as I slowly stand up, keeping my eyes narrowed at me. I refuse to let him see me break.

I take a deep breath before swiftly turning around, and beginning to walk in the opposite direction of the menacing man. I don't even care enough to pick up my disheveled backpack off of the floor, all I want is to leave.

I came this far, maybe he will just take pity on me and let me go.

I make it a few feet before I am cut off by the daunting sound of Eros tittering his tongue in disapproval.

"So you're not only pathetic, but you're also fucking stupid." Eros sneers venomously from behind me, his Italian accent making him sound almost crueler than he already is.

The ruthless breeze combined with his merciless words make the hairs rise on the back of my neck as the world silences around us. I painfully dig my bloody nails into my pale skin, struggling to try and keep the rising anger within me at bay.

"Maybe if you weren't such an overbearing asshole, I wouldn't feel the need to run. " I say with venom laced in every word, slowly turning back towards Eros who is tucking the gun back in his belt, keeping his deadly eyes locked on me.

"Maybe if you quit your fucking bullshit, mommy and daddy would not have to hire you a babysitter," he growls darkly.

"You know nothing," my glare deepens.

"I am so fucking done with you." His breath appears in the freezing air in front of him as he runs his hand through his hair. Tears cloud my eyes as I try to focus on the dark snake tattoo that trails up his scarred hand.