Chapter twenty eight:Ultraviolence

(Listen to this when Arabella goes to the dance floor!<3)

"And the sweet little angle couldn't keep her eyes off of the devil"

Arabella Karve
"I think your ready Arabella" My stylist says with a proud gleam in his eyes as he sets down the makeup brush that he just finished using to achieve the black winged smoky eye look.

He lets his eyes rake over my body as I nervously stand up from my vanity.

I step in front of my mirror and can't help but smile as I look over my appearance. The dress is perfect. Everything is perfect. He finished the dress just in time. And it is the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen.

The black, shimmering material drags loosely behind me on my bedroom floor, while the strapless bodice perfectly hugs my figure.

I glance down to my black heels that are beautifully displayed thanks to the slit in my dress that reaches all the way to my upper thigh.

My stylist walks over and touches a piece of my hair that only took fucking forever to fix. My dark hair is fixed in loose curls that fall flawlessly down my back. My fingers softly brush against the black hair vine that is intertwined into my long hair. This is going to be a pain in the ass to get out.

"The ball starts in thirty minutes Arabella, we must be on our way soon" My fathers apprentice says from his spot near my bedroom door. My stylist gives me one last nod before exiting the room, allowing me to begin to gather my stuff.

"Tonight is a big night for you as the heir" He says while watching me fan myself with a book sitting on my dresser.

I'm so fucking nervous.

"Powerful members from the various mafias are going to be there tonight, it's the biggest gathering of the year," he grabs the book from my hands, "don't embarrass your family."

I take a deep breath, trying to not freak myself out, "I am aware, I will be to the car in a moment."

He nods before turning around and stepping out of my room. I look in the mirror and slowly lift up my chin while plastering on my finest glare.

I'm done fucking crying, if Eros wants to play this game I will play.
***********************
I reach the top of the golden staircase that lead down to the foyer as I try to ignore my pounding heart. I take one last deep breath before slowly beginning to descend down the stairs.

My heels hit against the granite floor with every step almost like a hauntingly beautiful melody. I keep one of my hands braced on the railing, making sure I don't fall down the stairs before I even leave my house.