Chapter thirty four:Acceptance

"He's not perfect, but he's all I will ever want

"He's not perfect, but he's all I will ever want."

Eros Vandare
"Get him off of me." I grumble tiredly at her, not willing to open my eyes even though we've been arguing for almost half a fucking hour.

"He likes you Eros! Besides, he's just a baby." I hear the smile in her words as she leans forward and pets the cat.

God I love when she says my name.

Montague continues to need my bare chest and my body immediately tightens. Bella giggles and lays a swift kiss on my cheek in response.

"I will leave." I grumble again. Her addictive laugh reaches my ears and I pull her closer to me, needing to feel her against me.

"No you won't."

No I won't.

"And if you leave I will be all alone, in this big bed, by myself." She pouts and I open one eye to look at her miserable brown eyes. Dramatic ass.

"I like you better when you are sleeping." I grumble again, shutting my eyes once more as she groans loudly. She lays her head back down on my chest and her warmth fills my entire body. 

I suddenly feel one of her soft fingers gently tracing the outline of my skull tattoo, sending a shiver down my spine, "well I like you better when you are being nice."

I like you all the time.

Her soothing scent fills my veins as I tuck my face into her dark hair, wanting to forget about every other thing in this world other than the feeling of her in my arms and the sound of her voice. 

Because that's all I need in life. She's all I need in life.

I've always believed I was someone who was born to be alone. I wanted to be alone because being alone was the only way I could ever find any sense of peace. I have done everything alone since I was a terrified child, kicked out on the streets, and forced to fend for myself.

I was content with myself, my own thoughts, and I never desired anyone else. That was until all I could think about every second, of everyday, were a pair of glowing brown eyes and a breathtaking laugh that made even the stars themselves ashamed.

And now when I'm alone and without her, I feel like a piece of my own soul has been carved out from within me, leaving me a worthless shell of a person who has lost their sense of purpose.

I thought that the idea of finding 'the' person was some bullshit lie made up to comfort hopeless romantics so that they would believe that there was something out there to live for.

I've never had any interest in finding anyone, and honesty didn't give a fuck if I lived because there was nothing worth living for in this goddamned world. But then I saw her for the first time, and it hit me.