Chapter twenty:Soulmates

"I assure you that when this life ends, and the dust settles, I will find you in the next"

Arabella Karve
"I am not so sure this is a good idea" I say exasperatedly while leaning back against the cold seat.

"Just fucking go. I already drove your ass down here" Eros harshly opens his door and steps out of the car.

I nervously open the passenger side door, and carefully step out, holding the glass cake platter in my pale hands.

I walk around the car and slowly follow behind Eros up the stone walkway, leading towards the simple townhouse.

I take a deep breath while walking up the porch stairs as Eros  smoothly steps aside to let me walk ahead of him. I reach the front entrance and gently knock upon the old screen door.

I place my hand back down at my side. I faintly look over my shoulder towards Eros for slight comfort. He nods slightly, while keeping a blank expression.

The door softly creaks open and I turn my head back towards it.

A tall, beautiful woman with dark skin and long dark braids falling down her back, stares back at me.

I study her kind face and now notice her puffy, red eyes that have faint tears coating her soft cheeks. Poor girl.

"Hi um- I was just wanting to bring this for Mr.Falior" I softly smile. I awkwardly hold up the cake platter towards her, and her pretty eye's immediately soften.

"You must be the Karve's daughter, please come in" She says softly while stepping back from the door. Me and Eros enter the cold house and I immediately sadden at the atmosphere, "I'm Rosemary, Mr.Falior is my father."

"It's really nice to meet you" I smile and look around the dark house that was in poor condition.

"I am Arabella and this is my bodyguard Mr.Vandare" I say, knowing that Eros hates when people use his first name. I'm so considerate.

The first week that Eros started the job, I accidentally called him by his first name when we got into a violent argument. I realized how much it affected him, and I started calling him by it just to piss him off... then it kinda just stuck. I should probably stop calling him by it since he is clearly not fond of it.

"Nice to meet you both, I have heard a lot about the two of you" She smiles kindly while taking that strawberry cake from my hands and mumbling a soft thank you.

"I will take this to the kitchen and then I am probably going to lay down for a while" She smiles sadly and my heart immediately hurts for her, "dad is in the living room."

She gently nods to the side of us, where I see Mr.Falior sitting on a brightly colored couch. I feel tears sting my eyes as I watch him stare blankly at the wall across from him. I glance down at his frail hands that are softly shaking, and notice he is clutching on to a small picture.