Chapter twenty two: infatuato

"He looked my demons in the eye and smiled

"He looked my demons in the eye and smiled. He fell for the thing I thought he'd fear"

Arabella Karve
"Bella, you are going to be late if you don't wake the hell up." I slowly open my eyes and immediately close them after being met with Eros glaring down at me.

"Fine, I don't fucking care if you fail collage"

I groan while reluctantly sitting up and running my hand over my face.

I sit there for a minute unmoving waiting for the feeling of road kill to fade away.

After a while I look around Eros's room now that there is a soft ray of light casting into the room.

The entire theme consists of dark brown and black. The only furniture is a plain bed pressed up against the wall and a boring desk on the opposite side. There are a couple books stacked on it along with a large computer.

To say it doesn't look homey would be an understatement.

"What time is it?" I ask tiredly while swinging my legs over the bed, "Eleven."

"Fuck, I have class soon."

"I am aware, I have been trying to wake your ass up for half an hour." Eros crosses his arms.

"Being on time is overrated" I shrug with a yawn.

I reluctantly stand up while stretching out my arms. I tuck my hair behind my ear while looking over at Eros who is observing me curiously.

I glance down at his chest where a black compression shirt displays every beautiful detail of his torso. Light grey sweatpants hang lossy on his waist and it takes everything in me to pull my eyes away.

"Sorry for um-, you know waking you up so late" I say with a sheepish grin. I feel heat spread across my face thinking about the fact that I slept in my bodyguards bed.

Slight amusement shines in Eros's frozen eyes before it quickly disappears again.

"It's fine, I couldn't sleep anyway" His deep voice rumbles, "you should go get ready."

"Oh yeah, shit" I say while quickly walking across the room and pulling open the door.

I step out of the wooden door and immediately miss the warmth of Eros's gaze and addictive smell.

I take a step up the stairs before turning back around. Eros still stands in the doorway with one arm bent against the frame, watching my every move.

Oh lord.

"Thank you Eros" I say softly before turning around and quickly making my way up the steps.
************************
"I'm actually turn twenty this week" I say with a smile as Hazel squeals excitedly.

The librarian glares over at us and Hazel immediately shrinks in her chair with a wide smile.

Since next Thursday we have our semester final for business class, we decided to go study for a while at the quiet library downtown.