Chapter twenty three:Montague

"He looked at her like he just realized what love is

"He looked at her like he just realized what love is."

Arabella Karve
"You look gorgeous Ara! But stop freaking out, you haven't even walked into the party yet." Tara laughs while grabbing my pale hand and trying to drag me through the tall doors, where the muffled sounds of music and conversation sound from.

My heart feels as if it is going to leap out of my chest as I pace around the stone front porch.

"I've never celebrated my birthday before. I feel like I am going to have a panic attack" I laugh nervously while taking a step back from the door. I tuck a piece of my hair behind my ear while a giddy feeling dances in my stomach.

"Come on Ara! Sixteen is a big age, your entire life is changing in the best possible way!" She smiles while dragging me to the door.

It's my birthday, and I am going to have the best birthday and best year ever.

"Your right" I giggle while opening the heavy door and immediately almost everyone's heads turn towards me.

Oops.

I smile while giving an awkward wave. An embarrassed flush covers my face, but I just laugh happily while turning my head towards Tara who is just smiling.

"Honey you look absolutely lovely" I laugh as I am pulled into the familiar, warm arms of my grandma. Her scent that smells like home greets my nose, and I immediately melt into her arms.

"Let's go! We are all ready late, they are cutting cake soon!" Tara smiles while wrapping her hand in mine.

"But Grandma-" I say turning my head, "Go have fun honey I'll talk to you later" My grandma lays a soft kiss on my forehead that warms my body.

"I love you!" I yell to her as Tara begins hurriedly pulling me down the entry steps.

Tara begins dragging me through the endless crowd that all seems to blend together. I feel my body suddenly collide with another, "I am so sorry" I say with a smile. I finally look up at the person, and the second my eyes meet the green orbs, I feel my stomach curl in a bad feeling.

"Your alright, my rose" The man says with a smirk before disappearing into the smothering and messy crowd. My rose?

Who the hell was that?

I feel almost frozen in place as I watch the man with gorgeous platinum blond hair and a heavy Russian accent disappear.